Bartek manufactures Malic and Fumaric acid and high purity Maleic Anhydride at their plants located in Stoney Creek, Ontario. The Maleic Anhydride facility utilizes the latest in butane catalytic conversion technology in a self-designed plant and refining process. Centrally located in southern Ontario, Bartek conveniently serves both the US and Canadian markets.
The Inventory Control Coordinator role will plan and perform work that involves receiving, inspecting, shelving, packing, labeling, delivering, and maintaining a perpetual inventory of parts, office/janitorial supplies, and various types of equipment. In addition to the Inventory Control portion of this role, the selected candidate will also be responsible for all purchasing for Plant 2.
The Inventory Control Coordinator role will evolve into a inventory purchasing role in the future, this would happen once the companies inventory is organized and established.
* Receive and store parts, tools, raw materials and supplies
* Ensure all department specific packages are recorded and delivered to the appropriate recipient
* Maintain products and parts organization as per inventory location maps
* Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure organization of inventory system
* Maintain physical control over the release of parts and material to all personnel
* Ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained (avoid insufficiencies and/or excessive surplus)
* Record receipts and consumption of part quantities into computer software
* Use ERP software to monitor inventory characteristics and stock levels
* Analyze data to anticipate future needs
* Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
* Report to management on inventory issues and devise strategies for efficient sourcing
* Perform periodic physical counts of inventory parts and materials in the warehouse
* Inspect the levels of mechanical, electrical and production supplies and raw material to identify shortages of critical parts
* Process requisition of parts and materials needed by all personnel
* Finalize details of orders and deliveries in conjunction with department needs
* Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
* Working with the Purchasing Team to negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms as well as examine and re-evaluate existing contracts
* Prepare necessary reports as required
* Maintains a clean and safe work area
* Must be able to learn program software
* Must follow company procedures and policies
* Occasional travel by motor vehicle within the region as required
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in an inventory control or similar position
* Minimum one (1) year experience working in a purchasing or similar position
* Excellent knowledge of inventory management software eg. Sage 300/Accpacc or similar ERP
* Working knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
* Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
* Ability to comprehend inventory maps and layouts.
* An analytical mind with strong attention to detail
* Outstanding organizational and planning skills
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
* Reliable and trustworthy
* Relevant qualifications (APICS or CPIM) would be an asset
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits program and career progression is available to the right candidate.
We thank you for your interest in this role, however kindly note that we will only be contacting candidates selected to participate in the interview process.
Bartek Ingredients Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation for testing, interview or employment purposes.