POSITION TITLE: Sales Support Senior Coordinator
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Cocoa - North America
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations, and compounds. The Group runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 10,000 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Support Senior Coordinator is the key liaison between customers and Sales Managers, Directors and the Vice President of Cocoa N.A.
- Problem-solve and provide daily support for product development, pricing, and other customer needs
- Book contracts: compose confirmation letters to customers regarding contracts and contract balances
- Submit pricing requests for customers and brokers for contracts and orders based on the New York Cocoa market futures
- Make decisions regarding changes and adjustments to contracts as needed on individual customer circumstances. Use sound judgment on when to escalate to Vice President of Sales.
- Enter Customer Product Development Requests: compose project requests and follow-up with Sales on all account activity at the direction of the VP of Sales
- Respond and manage technical requests from Sales to Quality Assurance department
- Compile and review all active projects for customers
- Work with Sales Managers and Research & Development teams for customer product development
- Coordinate internally with Operations and Purchasing on special projects and item requests
- Initiate and follow-up on customer cost savings projects
- Initiate contact with customers for follow-up on all samples at the time of customer receipt
- Enter change requests: make recommendations to the customers regarding samples as needed
- Prepare presentations as required for Cocoa sales managers
- Resolve issues for local customer contacts within local sales areas
- Funnel confidentiality agreements through the organization (CFO and legal), logging and tracking progress
- Assist with customer Chocolate Academy sessions and visits
- Support other cocoa Sales Support employees
- Manage assigned accounts ensuring accordance with established sales and revenue goals
- Research new customer needs and develop an application of products and services
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 5 years of Sales Support experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Software requirements:
- Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Customer Service Orientation – focusing efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s needs.
- Self-Confidence – express confidence in dealing with challenging situations.
- Flexibility – adapt to and work effectively with a variety of situations.
- Relationship Building – actively seeks collaboration with others.
- Analytical Thinking – systematically identify problem causes.
- Initiative – take action before being requested.