At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 11,000 passionate Employees working in more than 35 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
POSITION TITLE: Material Planner
REPORTING TO: Supply Chain Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations, and compounds. The Group runs more than 59 production facilities worldwide selling in 140 countries and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 11,500 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the management of the Supply Chain Manager, the Material Planner is responsible for managing the non-cocoa raw material medium and long term planning for Barry Callebaut North American production facilities. This individual will work closely with Sourcing and the production plants to ensure the supply of raw materials.
Education & Work Experience:
- Use monthly long term capacity plan to review forecast requirements for raw materials, and communicate this plan to the regional or global sourcing teams each month and review changes as needed
- Coordination of the raw material requirements in the short and medium term between all production sites in the Americas; Serve as the primary contact between sourcing and local planning for short term raw material shortages, working with customer service as necessary to communicate status updates for orders impacted by raw materials
- Analyze plant performance to determine gaps to raw material forecast for continuous improvement
- Evaluate forecast and stock levels by working with sourcing and local planning to balance warehouse availability and production demand; Responsible for detailed raw material inventory management, reviewing stock on hand and providing monthly feedback to Supply Chain controlling and Sourcing
- Monthly reporting / analysis of consolidated supply chain KPIs; inventory levels, certified material tracking, etc.
- Owner of the raw material S&OP process, working with Sourcing to review inventory, raw material consumption to plan, new projects, and any specific sourcing projects and opportunities
- Maintain safety stocks and review stock policies for key raw materials at each production plant, identifying solutions for slow-moving raw materials
- Identify specialty raw materials and indicate as such so this is apparent to pricing, the plants, and central planning
- Review new business quotes for raw material availability and provide timing, working specifically with pricing and sales for evaluation
- Work closely with Sales, R&D, and Marketing on product launches, changes, and new developing projects- specifically reviewing projects and upcoming first productions that involve specialty or new raw materials
- Support the annual budgeting activities specifically related to raw material planning and raw material inventory management
- Work closely with the central planning team on sourcing changes, vendor concerns, raw material supply and slow-moving inventory
What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Supply Chain/Operations function in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, and Business Objects beneficial
- Competitive compensation package including salary, benefits, and vacation time
- Collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who are passionate about chocolate
- The ability to grow your career within an organization that values development and internal career growth
Nearest Major Market:
If you want to learn more about Barry Callebaut, please find further information here.
Engineer, Warehouse, Supply, Material Planner, Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations