POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Representative
REPORTING TO: Customer Service Team Lead
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products – from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations, and compounds. The Group runs more than 59 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 10,000 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Customer Service Representative is the account contact of all order related activities, including quotes, order entry, order status, inventory availability, pricing compliancy, accuracy of order delivery deadlines and compliant resolutions. The CSR’s primarily responsibility is managing the relationship between the Customer and Supply Chain.
A successful candidate will have experience managing high-volume B2B business.
This position provides an opportunity to have a daily impact on our business and will interface regularly with our customers, Sales team and Supply chain organization. The candidate must have a willingness to work through difficult situations and circumstances while keeping and portraying a professional disposition at all times.
- Enter a high volume of incoming orders into the SAP system accurately and in a timely manner
- Follow orders through the system from the time of order entry through invoicing
- Manage and determine the appropriate method of order entry and shipment for accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Provide accurate and timely communication, including written correspondence, telephone, and electronic exchange to all customers internal and external
- Negotiate with Planning and Distribution teams for product availability and expedite shipments and coordinate backorders
- Collaborate with Pricing team to obtain quotes upon customer requests, validate customer pricing, and alert team of necessary contract modifications
- Take responsibility for errors and initiate actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with customers, co-packers, and all internal departments
- Investigate customer complaints regarding services, billing, and issues resulting in the appropriate resolution and corrective action for both the customer and Barry Callebaut
- Utilize all available data sources to implement the most efficient and cost-effective logistical process for delivery of product to external customers
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 years in a Customer Service role with manufacturing industry experienced strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of SAP experience preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and rapidly shift multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Independent thinker and a team player and works toward a collective goal
- Exceptional customer focus and ability to build relationships
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
What you can expect from Barry Callebaut:
- Competitive compensation package including salary, medical and dental, retirement benefits, and paid time off
- Collaborative atmosphere with like-minded individuals who are passionate about chocolate
- The ability to grow your career within an organization that values development and internal career growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.