Barron Lighting Group, Inc., a manufacturer of commercial and industrial lighting products, located in Glendale, AZ is currently seeking a Staff Accountant with 1-3 years of experience in general accounting. Responsibilities include reconciliation of account balances, bank statements, and assist with month-end close.
- Cross-trains as a back-up for the Invoicing, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable positions.
- Prepares daily cash flow report for Management review.
- Prepares and records inventory transactions, and reconciles related accounts.
- Manages daily bank transactions and prepares reconciliation to general ledger, including recording of reconciling journal entries.
- Prepares intercompany journal entries and reconciliation of related accounts.
- Prepares and records commission transactions.
- Prepares and records compensation-related journal entries.
- Reviews and records sales tax journal entries.
- Assists with annual review by external audit firm.
- Collaborates with key departments (i.e. Production, Shipping, Purchasing, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales) to identify efficiencies and resolve issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited institution required
- 1 -3 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Analytical – attention to detail and precise data handling
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Team player that demonstrates initiative
- Clear and concise communication