Barrick is looking for a Mine Design Engineer to join the Underground Technical Services team and take the lead for the design of all production and development activities for their assigned mining area. EIT and Technologists rotate through several positions in the Engineering Dep. As part of their ongoing professional development and in response to business needs. This position requires recurring field work in an underground mining environment.
- Complete stope preparation by compiling all historical mining information for adjacent stopes
- Design drill patterns based on guidance from Senior Planner, Ground Control and Geology
- Design blasting plans that meet the geotechnical, operational and void constraints
- Review hole survey information and adjust drilling/blasting designs to ensure optimal stope performance
- Design pastefill layout and provide berm location information
- Design production slashes, cablebolt layouts, raise layouts, muck plans, drill plans and other layouts as required.
- Communicate with Operations to ensure proper drill selection, required deadlines, adjustments to plan and troubleshooting of issues
- Complete stope closeout and documentation of any hazards
- Assist in the implementation of the Deswik Drill/Blast software
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering / Mine Technologist Diploma / Mine Technician Diploma
- Experience would be beneficial but is not essential, as onsite training will be provided
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Hemlo property consists of Williams Operating Corporation, an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.