Barrick is looking for a Reliability and Planning Engineer to join our Engineering team.
The Reliability & Planning Engineer will lead the reliability, engineering and planning-function through providing direction and support to the reliability, plant engineering and maintenance planning areas and is accountable for ensuring that the Barrick Maintenance Management Systems are effective and aligned with the overall requirements of the Hemlo Operation.
Situated near the beautiful shores of Lake Superior in north western Ontario, 350 km east of Thunder Bay, we have an underground/open pit; residential mine site.
This rugged and beautiful area is an outdoor paradise - home to dozens of species of birds and animals as well as moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including enjoying lake country/cottages, camping, boating, beaches, hiking, hunting and fishing, as well as sledding, snowshoeing, x-country skiing in the winter; you’ll want to explore opportunities at Barrick-Hemlo. With two communities in close proximity, both Marathon and Manitouwadge have all the amenities you’ll require and is regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living and a terrific quality of life.
- Forming a high performing team through recruitment, succession, training, mentoring, and organization of personnel reporting directly to the Reliability & Planning Engineer position.
- Conduct regular and formal downtime analysis for critical fixed plant/mobile equipment.
- Identify, quantify and implement initiatives that will improve overall equipment reliability and performance.
- Coordinate plant equipment improvement trials, including technical input, tracking and reporting. Ensure alignment of all trial work with the Management of Change policy.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the development and review of Maintenance Strategies for all critical plant/mobile equipment.
- Coordinate all maintenance plans in order to obtain and sustain desired operating performance and compliance to PM system.
- Prepare additional daily, weekly, and monthly reports for the General Manager or Corporate and other management personnel as required.
- Establish role expectations (including KPIs) for direct reports and review performance on a quarterly basis.
- Complete annual performance appraisals for immediate subordinates in order to provide formal feedback on performance
- Attend regular department head meetings where operating results, plans and projects for the property are reviewed.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement and effectively manage change within Department
- Bachelor qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Sound understanding of both the principals of Preventative maintenance and Maintenance planning
- Clear understanding of the maintenance standards and procedures
- Knowledgeable in computer skills (i.e. Oracle and other Maintenance Management Software)
- Communication, leadership and team building skills
- Strong prioritization, organization and reasoning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop individuals to achieve better results
- Proficient in follow-up and feedback
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Membership of a Professional Engineering organization
- Post-graduate qualification in Asset Management or similar
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
The Hemlo property consists of Williams Operating Corporation, an underground and open pit mine, located approximately 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.