Barrick is looking for an Accountant I or II to join the Finance Shared Service team in Henderson, NV to provide general ledger, cash management, and other accounting services for several entities across Barrick. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial analysis, assisting with month end close processes, and tracking daily transactions in multiple bank accounts. We are seeking a qualified accountant that is motivated, takes ownership in their responsibilities, able to critically think through issues, and continuously seeks out better ways of performing processes. As a part of our team, you will get opportunities to handle accounting of varying levels of complexity, support entities across multiple jurisdictions internationally, and rotate across various accounting support functions.
- Prepare journal entries and assist with month-end close process, including quarterly financial audits and control testing
- Prepare account reconciliations, review costs for completeness, and evaluate reasonableness of balances to research and proactively resolve errors or reconciling items.
- Track daily transactions in multiple bank accounts and assist with cash management
- Prepare cost variance analyses and promote cost controls and efficiency in conduct of business
Assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and statutory statement preparation as needed
- Establish knowledge of IFRS and Barrick accounting policies, procedures, and internal control standards, and maintain compliance while performing responsibilities
Recognize and communicate potential issues to his/her team leader, as appropriate
- Contribute ideas and actions towards the continuous improvement of processes within area of influence
- Assist in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative partnerships with finance customers
Gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team culture, and puts success of team above own interests.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and safety training requirements
Perform other duties as requested by Finance Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field required; Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years prior related experience, accounting internship, or demonstrated initiative preferred for Accountant I; Three (3) to six (6) years prior related experience preferred for Accountant II
CPA, CFA, or CMA designation preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills, understanding of accounting concepts, and comprehension of business-related implications required
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office tools required
- Ability to be organized, efficient, analytical, and to pay close attention to detail required
- Excellent team player with the ability to work with Staff Accountants, Mine Sites, Executives, and other department’s personnel / cross-functional teams required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to be self-motivated, flexible, and able to organize and respond to multiple demands and priorities required
- Prior implementation or working experience with implementation Oracle Financials or Hyperion applications preferred
- Exposure to the mining industry in a mining accounting function preferred
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and stock purchase plans
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Opportunities to grow and learn
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.