MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture - the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
The Accountant will maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers. Prepare and analyze budgets and perform general bookkeeping. Provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements and ensure accounting information is accurate.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Manage creation and maintenance of accounting records
- Analyze account costs and processes, identify potential accounting incompliances
- Significantly participate in the preparation of P&L statements
- Make recommendations to improve quality of accounting procedures
- Bachelor Degree and Five years’ experience in finance
- Superior spreadsheet skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of IFS or similar software a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Knowledge and understanding credit reporting is required
- Critical Thinking, Attention to Detail and Confidentiality required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- 401K contributions matched up to10% of pay
- Insurance, vacation and other benefits (details in interview)