Celebrating our legacy of modern fashion, creativity, individuality, and intrigue by providing every guest with an unparalleled customer experience. We are currently seeking a full-time Derek Lam DSA (Specialist) within our Women's Designer RTW department at our Madison Avenue flagship location in New York, NY.
Aside from working to achieve individual sales, this candidate should have brand management experience and will work towards developing a relationship with the vendor and communicating product knowledge to build sales for the brand.
- Support all programs and initiatives in order to enhance the customer experience, increase customer loyalty, and impact sales
- Initiates relationships with every customer and establishes foundation for future contact
- Demonstrates the ability to highlight the features and benefits of merchandise
- Attends product knowledge meetings with buyers and vendors to gain information
- Calls customer for follow-up on every send to ensure satisfaction
- Initiates return business by calling customers for trunk shows, new merchandise, special events
- Adheres to register policy, procedure and paperwork standards including but not limited to sales tax regulations, send procedures, and company policy regarding charging alterations and send fees
- Greeting customers in a positive, upbeat and friendly manner
- Assist customers find and select merchandise
- Communicate with managers & buyers regarding customer concerns
- Participate in team meetings and training seminars
- Prior retail sales experience in a women’s high-end or specialty retail store, rtw preferred
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Greet customers in a positive, upbeat and friendly manner
- Handle all facets of sales transactions including the operation of cash registers
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Able to develop a personal clientele through effective use of the selling skills, proactive client outreach and use of client book
Candidates with an established clientele following are preferred.
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a generous discount. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Barneys New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.