Celebrating our legacy of modern fashion, creativity, individuality, and intrigue by providing every guest with an unparalleled customer experience. We are currently seeking a Brand Image Designer at our corporate office in New York.
This role is responsible for effectively translating ideas into design executions, ensuring a consistently high level of design quality. The role resides within the Barneys New York business strategy team on the merchant group and focuses on brand and product design for our proprietary brands (Connor Stationery, Lisa Perry). Our growing team shapes the development of these brands and produces engaging, high-quality products in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Projects range from stationery and home product design, web design, photoshoot art direction, social posts, to promotional and product marketing campaigns, and more. You’ll report to the Director of New Business Strategy and work closely with a team of designers, merchants, marketers, editors, technologists, and analysts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with business strategy team to develop brand aesthetic for all proprietary brands
- Conceptualize and design original ideas for Connor Stationery (ready-made stationery and desk accessories, bespoke stationery, e-card website) and Lisa Perry home products.
- Design Connor brand (non-product) assets: packaging, design brand guidelines, bespoke forms and books, marketing materials, and more
- Lead and provide art direction for photo shoots; assets will be used for the landing page, editorials, marketing materials, etc.
- Maintain brand aesthetic and standards across each brand, making sure it aligns with Barneys New York
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process
- Ability to work collaboratively with necessary teams, but also manage time accurately and independently
- Ensure deadlines are met; balance long-term and short-term projects simultaneously. Manage time and prioritize daily workload.
- Identify areas of opportunity and propose solutions
- BA or BFA Degree in design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years relevant professional level experience
- Understanding stationery, product and brand design
- Excellent sense of aesthetic design and a keen eye for typography, visual hierarchy, composition
- Related work experience in the luxury and/or fashion industries is preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ongoing commitment to achieving high-quality results
- Clear and effective communication skills in articulating design concepts and rationales
- Excellent organizational skills, a natural collaborator, but can work well independently
- Dedicated and passionate about Barneys New York, fashion, and design
- Display the values of the company: Expression, Innovation, Legacy, Opportunity
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Skills in web design is a plus
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a generous discount. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Barneys New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.