Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic community all while being part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
Trade Books is a high energy, fast paced, detail oriented department where your planning, promotion, customer service, listening, and problem solving skills will be exercised.
- Greet customers and assists in the purchase of trade books, supplies, and/or with returns and refunds.
- Answer questions about general or reference books, proficient with to locate books, recommend products and/or services, and help locate or obtain materials using ISBNs, knowledge of authors, and publications.
- Shelve, arrange, and categorize stock according to specific criteria.
- Clean the store and merchandise to maintain an appealing sales floor.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments.
- Part-time positions require availability to work on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of the store.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.