2 FULL TIME WALKING POSITION: Downtown
This position will be responsible for walking 6-9 dogs a day to start and over time will grow with experience as new clients come on. This job is a sub contractors job and to start you will be making between $600 - $800 bi-weekly (works out to be $14 per hour or more depending on the hours you walk). This position would be best if someone had a second job in the evening and or weekend to support a Toronto living. In time the route will grow
We walk between 3-4 dogs at a time, so you need to be comfortable with all sizes, temperaments and energy levels. You will be also responsible for meeting new clients and communicating with our clients. You will be asked to provide pet sitting (cat clients) from time to time. Dog walking will take place Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm, most times less but please be available during this time, just in case you may be asked to walk dogs around those times or pet sit in the evenings, weekend and holidays. There is a lot of walking so being efficient and have great time management is key. This job needs someone to be available everyday, so taking time off here and there may not work for us without plenty of notice. Clients depend on you to walk their dogs so we need someone who is dedicated and understand clients needs. This is a job for an outgoing, loving, great communicator and true love for all animals. This job is also a huge responsibility, you are caring for others pets so your dedication and focus is 100% top priority.
* Must have lots of experience with animals and have either a pet of your own or grew up with more then just 1 dog, worked in a pet store, volunteered at a shelter, or worked in an veterinarian office
* Must live downtown or have easy access to transit and be downtown within 30min
* Must be 19 years or older
* Must have a smartphone
* Must be physically fit with no prior leg or knee injuries. You will be walking for up to 5-6 hours a day. We also do not go to off leash parks so there is a lot of walking in a day.
* You must enjoy being outside in the rain, snow, cold and miserable weather. The dogs never take a day off from needing a walk, so we don't either. You will need to be prepared and make sure you have the proper outdoor clothing, etc.
* Ensure safety and security for yourself and animals in your care
* Able to provide clean criminal record and can provide a police check after interview process. This is a must to be covered under our insurance.
* Punctual, organized and responsible
* Communicative (willing to communicate with us outside of work hours to organize schedules and keys etc
* You must have common sense and good decision making skills.
* A HUGE animal lover!
***Please include your resume and a brief cover letter about yourself and why you feel you would be the ideal candidate for this job. Thank you! Only serious applicants apply.***
Job Type: Full-time