Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
“ Good for You, Good for the Planet ” is Barilla’s purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction – Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Marketing Specialist -Shopper Marketing - within Shopper Marketing - based in Northbrook, IL. The individual will report to the Director SS&E, North America
Job Purpose: The Shopper Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting the Shopper Strategy and Engagement team for both retail and eCommerce in the area of content, search, analytics across Barilla and Wasa brands. This role will work closely with the brand and digital teams to ensure that in-market content represents brand positioning and best in class examples to drive brand love and sales. This person will also support retailer eCommerce via search and help the retailer/shopper team with understanding the results of various in-market activation.
Key Accountabilities :
- Collaborate with Barilla and Wasa Brand team and Consumer Engagement team (specifically Digital Content Professional) to ensure content is current, consistent and best in class.
- Stay current on any new studies on effectiveness/sales results to ensure that Barilla is following Best in Class practices
- Work with agency partners to ensure they are aware and have access to appropriate content and to minimize agency cost/hours
- Collaborate with Shopper Marketing, ecomm and retailer teams to ensure that search activation for retail customers is optimized
- Work closely with the Marketing Services team to ensure POS/display images are current and accessible
- Utilize Nielsen and other data sources as needed to understand the impact of in-market activation
- Support the Shopper Marketing team for retailer loyalty programs such as Kroger BCC by submitting bar codes, pack shots etc
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA degree a strong plus.
- At least 3 years of Brand, Integrated Marketing, Shopper Marketing and/or Field Marketing experience required
- Consumer packaged goods experience required, ideally in food manufacturing
- Previous Experience working across Digital Media and eCommerce a plus
- Experience working with Nielsen Data and Data Analysis
- Project management skills, experience managing multiple projects.
- High energy, strong communication, and interpersonal skills to function effectively in a team environment.
- Commitment to results; ability to incorporate new learning into existing plans and act decisively.
- Strong ability to work in teams and build good working relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel up to 10%