We are a major Ontario Wholesale Distributor of Industrial, Commercial and Residential plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment, and industrial pipe, valves & fittings. We are seeking an experienced DZ DELIVERY DRIVER at our Belleville branch.
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, executes the customer order deliveries, when asked, picks-up the returned materials at the customers and picks up material at suppliers, and sees to the truck maintenance.
- Executes the delivery to the customers according to the delivery route order as determined by the Supervisor and or Router / Shipper.
- Assists in the loading and unloading of trucks.
- Responsible for ensuring product in truck is loaded in a safe manner prior to vehicle movement; the inspections and the maintenance of the truck, performing circle check of truck on a daily basis and notify supervisor of any problem.
- Complete all the necessary delivery documents according to the establish procedures, controls data for certain reports and remits them to his immediate supervisor (delivery run sheets etc.).
- Must follow safe driving practices and follow all Ministry of Transportation regulations.
- Maintains security of product and vehicle.
- On occasion, puts away stock or the yard material in the appropriate location.
- Completes appropriate inspection documents eg: daily log / inspection sheet.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Grade 10 or equivalent and valid Class "DZ" Driver License.
- Clean driver's abstract
- 1 year experience as a Delivery Driver using a five (5) ton truck in a customer service related industry
- Communication skills
- Read & Writes English
- Good organizational skills
- Map reading ability and/or experience
- Able to perform physically demanding work
- Customer service oriented
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including Retirement Savings Program.
If you possess the above skills and experience you are invited to send a detailed resume . We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Bardon Supplies Limited welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent