To receive, safe keep and sell VAF returned movable assets at the best net price possible and oversee effective operations of Trade Centre Team.
Accountability: To achieve financial targets
To achieve a contracted percentage of 75% of trade- and 50% outstanding capital by ensuring that the team present the assets/vehicles for sale in such a manner that the assets will realize the highest profits on auctions.
- To ensure operating expenditure for the team is within budget by checking/controlling and to signing off all expenses in the daily operations of the trade centre.
- To sell assets/vehicles in the store on a monthly basis via a team of staff members. Some of the tasks entail the organizing of audits, negotiating with Absa legal to release the vehicles.
- To ensure that the Trade Centre team exceed contracted % of sales budget set by national office at beginning of financial year according to Performance development agreements.
To set up meetings to inform, manage and control new systems that need to be implemented to ensure systems without any interruptions.
- To achieve “other income budget” by ensuring that for e.g. commissions, documentation fee charged on all vehicles sold, storage costs of all vehicles that are stored at the Trade Centre are collected and allocated to relevant accounts.
Accountability: Manage actions relating administrative process
To ensure the end to end process is not compromised and that SLA’s are met. SLA meetings conducted to ensure adherence of team efforts within agreed timelines. If non adherence consequent management to be conducted.
- To identify and implement any processes which will enhance the operation effectiveness of the Branch. Research via client interaction as well as looking at best practices.
- To monitor statistics and drive production targets via % of trade, and effective driving down of stock.
- To manage ageing of stock according to contracted budget. Negotiations with Absa legal to assist them in identifying possible assets that could be made available for sales. Mainly stock that is in the store for 60 plus days.
- To monitor movable assets (Vehicles, Boats, computers, Trailers and Trucks) in safekeeping in order to identify assets to be made available for sale.
Accountability: Manage excellence with customer service
To build and maintain relationships with key role players i.e. Dealers, ABSA Legal. Manager and team need to focus on relationship building. Ongoing interaction formal and informal, via meetings of on a social level.
- To ensure management information is timeously and accurately submitted to relevant role players. Manager responsible for the monthly trading report, as well as compliance/HR reports. Check team members who have to submit information for relevant reports, and focus on trends of deviations.
Accountability: Risk Management
- To ensure that regulatory and compliance procedures are adhered to by the entire Trade Centre team on an ongoing basis, i.e. RCA, RCSA, SOX CASA, FICA, KYC, NCA, Audits, Meetings, Reports to ensure compliance that standards are adhered to.
- To ensure that all audit findings by risk and Compliance Officer are rectified by identifying actions, implementations of corrective measures, and manage within defined timelines.
- To ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are documented and understood by all members of the team.
To work with Absa Internal Audit and Management Assurance during the scoping of audits to ensure fair coverage.
- To take ownership and agree to corrective action items with Internal Audit and Management Assurance for findings related to the functional area under management and arrange issue assurance for closed audit findings.
- Complete required compliance and SOX attestations and ensure that impacted team members complete their attestations.
- To ensure that the team understands all compliance requirements and call for the area’s compliance requirements and call for the area/’s Compliance Officer to conduct briefing sessions if gaps are identified.
- To ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- To ensure that the Business Continuity Tool is updated regularly and signed off annually in consultation with the BCM Co-Ordinator. Ensure that the BCM Plan for the area is tested as required and corrective actions executed.
- Work with managers/SME in the team develop Risk and Control Assessments (RCA’s + RCSA’s) for the function and update at the required intervals (normally quarterly). Complete attestations to testify to the adequacy of controls on request.
- Participate in the development of Key Risk Scenarios including the determination of likelihood of occurrence and potential impact. Actively work to minimise the amount of economic capital that has to be set aside for operational risk.
- To ensure that manager and team leaders in the team understand their responsibilities for physical and systems access control and information security requirements.
- To ensure that the Trade Centre area has a Health and Safety Rep, Fire Warden and Evacuation Rep and First Aider
Accountability: People Management
Manage and motivate departments effectively to ensure maximise collections
Develop high performing team by recruiting and promoting the best people in line with the business’ needs, supporting the enhancement and development of people, embedding formal performance development and informal coaching.
- Identify talent and develop successors to retain key individuals and skills sets.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the teams and ensure the identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Ensure that the Absa values are displayed and entrenched within the team and across all departments. Display and promote behaviours that support the Absa brand and culture.
- Responsible for holding direct reports accountable for performance. Address poor performance of team members through the formal Performance Accelerator Programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately remediated.
- Responsible for managing change by maintaining operational effectiveness.
- Promoting a learning culture and imparting technical expertise and knowledge through continuous coaching of staff.
- Delegate tasks appropriately according to the business requirements and ensure recognition thereof
- Ensure that overtime is monitored and kept to a minimum.
- Initiate disciplinary and grievance procedures and ensure resolution of grievances.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of the Employee Opinion Survey
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
- Create an effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- Review and update the department’s organisation structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
Motivate to and obtain approval for any additional headcount for the teams.
- Approve leave requests for direct reports and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
Accountability: Business Management
To coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
- Rebalance resources between different areas e.g., reallocating headcount and budgets, but within overall approved resources for the year.
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy for the next 2-3 years by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of performance objectives in the business area in terms of employee satisfaction, customer experience, and cost performance, return on investments, risk, and compliance and governance requirements.
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate. Escalate out of budgets items to the Managing Executive for approval
Sign off capital expenditure within budget. This includes approving purchase or sell decisions for desktop computers, laptops, departmental equipment etc.
- Provide clear direction to team members on the Trade Centre strategic plan and key focus areas and ensure their understanding and buy-in.
- Analyse effectiveness of processes and systems in use in the department and make recommendations for improvements. Review performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Executive, discuss gaps and agree action plans to close gaps.
- Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Agreed and manage service offerings and SLA’s with internal customers (agreed annually and measure on a monthly basis).
Knowledge and skills:
- Leadership Level: Do and Instruct
- Process Knowledge Level: Do and Instruct
- Achieving targets level: Do and Instruct
- Negotiation skills level: Do without Supervision
- IT Literacy Level: Do with Supervision
- Verbal and written communication Level: do with Supervision
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations Level: do and Instruct
Interpersonal Skills Level: Do and Instruct
- Mentoring skills Level: Do without Supervision
- Ability to interact, negotiate on different levels Level: Do without Supervision
- (NQF level no. 6 )
- Management Development Program (5) years (Technical/Managerial) Experience
- Collections/Legal collections skills
- 10 years Collections Management experience
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status.
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy.