Barbecues Galore is an independent Canadian retailer with five stores, two in Calgary, and three in Ontario (Burlington, Oakville, and Etobicoke). In business since 1979, we have always been committed to an ethical and responsible approach to both our staff and our customers.
We offer a casual workplace with fewer regulations and more flexible working hours than most retailers. Pay scales are competitive and there is ample opportunity to advance within the company.
As a Sales Associate, your role will include greeting customers, providing product knowledge and responding to questions, merchandising, and providing superior customer service. In this role, you will be responsible for the client experience from start to finish, which will also include handling transactions through the point-of-sale computer system.
- Strive to constantly improve and grow personal sales through increased product knowledge, and hands-on exposure to products
- An ongoing commitment to any training or development that is necessary to carry out all sales functions
- Maintain a professional and courteous image to all customers, both in store and on the telephone
- Respond to all customer requests promptly and to completion
- Ensure proper follow up and take ownership of all service related issues as they arise
- Understand the point-of-sale computer system in a timely fashion to ensure the professional completion of all sales transactions
- Ensure all store displays are kept full, and that all merchandise is to be clean at all times
- Help to maintain all areas of the store in a uniform manner
- Ensure that all product carried is being displayed, notably getting new items on the sales floor as soon as possible
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Previous retail experience, while an asset, is not required as training will be provided
- Basic knowledge of working with computers
- Punctuality is a must, with a wiliness to self-start
- Must be able to work weekends and some evenings
- An interest in barbecues and barbecued food is also an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)