Dominique Crenn, the chef/owner of San Francisco restaurants Petit Crenn, one Michelin starred Bar Crenn, and three Michelin starred Atelier Crenn, focuses on cuisine as a craft and the community as an inspiration. Crenn was awarded World's Best Female Chef in 2016 by San Pellegrino's 50 Best, Best Chef: West in May of 2018 by the James Beard Foundation, and four stars from SF Chronicle in June 2018. Crenn Dining Group is growing and in search of highly motivated, detail-oriented, hospitable Assistant Captain who is looking to be a part of a team that values excellence, learning and a positive culture.
The host’s main duty is to greet and seat guests, and will be the first point of contact as guests arrive at the restaurant. The host will assist the guest with their jacket or bag and make the guest feel comfortable, making sure the guest is seated comfortably at the correct table.
- Have a minimum experience in hospitality or customer service.
- Professional and warm demeanor is a must.
- Have a strong personality. Be determinate to deliver detailed and high level of luxury service.
- Desire to absorb new information and be able to multi task
- Experience with reservation systems.
- Should be sociable, open, attentive, and should maintain composure in high pressure situations, without losing sight of details and positive attitude.
- Should be a team player and be comfortable in a fine-dining environment
- Confirm reservation details of the day with reservationist team (floor plan, special occasion, special requests, dietary restrictions, special payment arrangements etc).
- Check and ready dining room details for service (lighting, printer, payment & wifi systems, flowers), ready service station for service (writing equipment, necessary paper products), ready guest bathroom for service.
- Write a birthday card and special note to the guest, stock for service, and have ready on table before guest arrival
- Maintain inventory for all necessary tools and products, inform manager when ordering is needed
- Guest research, searching for guest online and inputting guest information in guest notes on Tock
- Commit to memory guest details for the evening, seat guests accordingly
- Greeting guests warmly, seating guests according to books, putting away coats and bags as needed, retrieving upon guest departure
- Keep FOH/BOH managers updated of any changes throughout the evening, relay any information as necessary.
- Assist with dining room service as needed. Help the service team to run food, poor water, refill dining room utensil.
- Assisting in maintaining cleanliness of guest restroom throughout service
- Review and arrange reservations/ tables for the next day’s service
- Assist team with side work to break down dining room
- Ensure iPads are charged for next day operations before leaving
- Assist in dropping checks, getting checks written, processing payment.
- Hang up jackets and ensuring jackets are ready when the guests depart.
- Ensure the tables in the dining room are setup according to the books.
- Place all celebratory cards for first seating before we open the doors.
- Competitive wages
- Health insurance available upon completion of 60 days employment
- PTO accumulation beginning Day 1
- Commuter benefits
- 401K available
- Health & Fitness discount
- Employee discount at our restaurants and after one year employment, a comped meal for yourself at one of our restaurants.
- Semi-annual scholarships rewarded.
Bar Crenn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
More detail about Bar Crenn part of Crenn Dining Group