Working closely with our Director of Marketing, this position is responsible for designing or otherwise developing work that is functional as well as graphically inspiring. A creative and strategic role, the person must be able to design, produce, direct and execute work that embodies the vision as well as the look and feel of BAR, in all sorts of media. We are looking for both design talent and technical ability that will help drive and continue to elevate the BAR brand.
Contributions to our community of practice will include improving and/or creating new digital and print graphics for marketing needs including but not limited to presentations, proposals, tearsheets, ads, conferences, exhibit booths, email blasts, mailers, etc; creating templates and standards that can easily be applied and adapted by others for their specific use; partnering with design and technical staff to develop/assist with presentation materials; and integrating graphics with social media campaigns. Additional responsibilities/opportunities may include preparing client related brochures and other media, integration with architecture and design teams to develop client concepts, brand, collateral, signage, super graphics, etc. and projects we haven't even considered yet.
The functions and responsibilities most important in the job:
- Helps to develop and maintain graphic standards and best practices throughout the firm.
- Improves existing and/or creates new graphics, layouts and templates for tearsheets, proposals, PR, print ads, brochures, mailings, and various presentation formats.
- Creates standards and efficient production processes (digital) for producing both small and large format presentation materials.
- Evaluates and applies new graphics programs to existing and future firm graphics, i.e. driven to know/naturally curious about how to embrace new technologies.
- Creates and revises new signage, exhibit booth layouts and support materials for conferences.
- Creates interview materials (boards, Power Point, handouts) as needed.
- Assists with awards submittals and other PR support as needed.
- Works with design and technical staff to create graphic standards for site plans, floor plans, etc.
- Implements firm-wide standards for print layouts for small and large format printing and production processes.
- Art directs and/or produces website, video and other interactive media content including storyboarding, writing, editing and production.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience in graphic and communications design in a design firm or related agency.
- Proven knowledge of best practices for digital graphics, communications and media.
- Able to direct as well as produce; this is a hybrid role, not a sit at your desk and draw all day role.
- Knowledge of various media, tools and platforms, as well as graphic programs including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in graphic communication design for a variety of media – small and large format prints, various digital formats, web, video, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with digital printing and large format plotting, including press checks.
- Proven ability to present ideas, share knowledge, persuade and inspire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfort with editing and proofreading.
- Ability to develop and present a variety of options and work with other design individuals to create the final product; able to bring passion without attachment.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Strong organizational skills and commitment to quality.
- Curiosity about the ever changing tools, platforms and media that shape production.
- Enthusiasm for your work and the work of the Firm.
We prefer that you use email to submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, but will also accept hard copy originals.
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
901 Battery Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94111
We also kindly ask the following: no phone calls, no drop-ins, and no recruiters.
BAR Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.