The SPF Administrator is responsible for the set-up and support of the project SPF for data management and its interfaces with the project’s engineering systems and client’s SPO environment. SPF will be used as the Engineering Data Warehouse and as an integration tool between the Engineering Design applications. It may also be used as the project EDMS system.
The SPF Administrator will report to the Project Systems Manager but work closely with the Engineering manager and the engineering design team.
The successful candidate will provide technical support and guidance for the interfaces between the project’s standard suite of systems, effective communication of accurate data, documents and models within a project environment utilising specified applications, systems technology and tools, to deliver life cycle information in accordance with Client requirements. They will have knowledge and experience in working with Intergraph applications and should ideally also have strong IT skills with a good knowledge of database modelling, schema definition and data mapping; some knowledge of VB.Net programming would be advantageous. There will be a requirement to collaborate effectively and provide mentoring within the project systems/services team, and to provide some support to activities like communication, presentation, client engagement etc.
This role will be based out of our Calgary, AB office.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Responsible for the technical configuration of SPF/SPE including the understanding of schema orientated methodology.
- Responsible for providing specialist advice and technical guidance on the operation of SPE/SPO.
- Understand and configure client class library requirements in SPF.
- Assist in developing and producing a suite of standard reports from SPF and any other specialty reports to suit project requirements.
- Provide assistance to the project in the setup and interfaces between the SPF and the Intergraph design tools.
- Ensure project naming and numbering systems support the information strategy.
- Configure data quality, consistency and completeness requirements and reporting.
- Responsible for the configuration and administration of Master Tag Register (MTR).
- Produce documented procedures and specifications of work output.
- Assess and analyze requests for new or updated functionality. Plan and implement when applicable.
- Co-ordinate the system support with IT to ensure the IT infrastructure is appropriate to support the application.
- Assists document control staff by providing oversight, direction, training and assistance in bulk loading vendor documentation to ensure all activities are conducted in compliance with established rules and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
3-5 years minimum extensive experience in set up, programming and configuring data management systems, particularly SPF/SPO.
- Extensive experience in engineering and design systems, particularly the Intergraph suite of tools.
- Engineering business processes, data and document management would be desirable.
- Ability to analyse operational requirements and assess data processing technology.
- Ability to plan, implement, test, document and troubleshoot system software.
- Knowledge and experience with relational database storage systems such as Oracle, SQL.
- SPF Class library definition and configuration skills.
- Communicates clearly, fluent in English
- Engages well with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Can work virtually and across different cultures.
- Excellent in authoring of documentation and presentation material.
- Experience with SPF as a document management system and knowledge of other Document & Data Management systems e.g. Documentum, LiveLink etc. would be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-081-ESYS-Feb19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.