B-021-PRC-Jan20-C Department: Engineering
2020-02-09 Calgary (Alberta)
Bantrel has an exciting opportunity for Intermediate and Junior Process Engineers to support the team in Calgary. The Process Engineer is responsible for:
- Responsible Engineer for assigned Process Engineering activities
- Apply broad and diversified knowledge of Process Engineering principles and practices
- Accountable for project deliverables as a responsible process design engineer
- Provide Process Design input to projects, working under Process Lead of Design
- Make decisions independently as Responsible Process Engineer within the discipline on the project
- Represent the discipline on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and as required to coordinate work with other disciplines
- Decisions - Decisions made concerning day-to-day activities are conceptual, may involve planning, and are well defined by project requirements
- Supervision Received - Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from Lead engineer or Chief Engineer. Work generally not supervised in detail and amount of supervision varies depending on complexity of assignment
- Supervision Exercised - May give technical guidance to less experienced engineers. Supervision over other engineers not usually a regular or continuing responsibility
- Contacts – maintains contacts with client representatives as directed, appropriate field personnel and other disciplines to ensure the coordination of the work within the project or assignment and compliance with Bantrel/client requirements.
- Provides comprehensive complex engineering and design services by establishing design criteria and implementing process deliverables in accordance with project requirements
- Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews Process engineering work on a project or assignment
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers and technicians as required
- Participates in the design of process components and individual units, exercising cost control, reviewing and monitoring designs for conformance with control estimates and project specifications
- Professional Stamping of process deliverables that they are directly responsible for or for work completed by juniors that they have checked and are familiar with
- Participates/ reviews the following:
- process design, including simulations, concept sketches and layouts;
- the use of engineering computer programs and solutions;
- preparation or review of engineering studies and reports;
- preparation of process specifications and design calculations;
- equipment design and development;
- preparation of drawings (PFDs, P&IDs, DPDTs…) and
- collaboration with Piping and Plant Layout, Mechanical, Civil, Control Systems and Electrical engineering disciplines.
- Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors of a moderate degree of complexity and prepares comments and recommendations; and
- Acts as a strong team player within the home office engineering team.
- Responsible for the Process Engineering activities on a medium size project, or a portion of a major project. Provides supervision and technical direction to less experienced engineers, usually under direct supervision of the overall Lead Process Engineer on a major project.
- Maintains contacts with suppliers and project field personnel. Contacts client as directed.
- Requires knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to Process Engineering.
- Requires a working knowledge of Bantrel’s administrative practices.
- Involved in work planning, scheduling, manhour estimation, and manpower planning.
- Increasingly broad Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, PFD, P&ID, plant layout, materials, and computer-based process engineering calculations.
- Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
- Knowledge of EPC practices and the economics involved.
- Knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design and/or layout criteria pertinent to the process discipline.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership.
- Knowledge of engineering department procedures, design guides, quality plan appropriate Bantrel standards and administrative practices.
- Simulation software (HYSIS, Unisim, PRO II, PROMAX)
- Word / Excel
- Outlook/Sharing Platforms (i.e.Sharepoint)
- D Base Systems
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in Engineering from the appropriate recognized licensing board, or specialized courses in relevant engineering;
- Three to Ten years of broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering / construction firms.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Licensee P.L. (Eng.) with local engineering regulatory organization, such as APEGA.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning Reference Code B-021-PRC-Jan20-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.