The Marketing & Communications Specialist will take an active role in the implementation of firm-wide marketing and communications strategies. Reporting to the Marketing Director, this Chicago-based position will work as part of a firm-wide marketing team supporting marketing and communications activities such as event management, internal and external communications including social media. This person will also work closely with marketing and business development professionals and attorneys to produce marketing collateral and online content. This person will be a key part of the marketing team helping to implement the firm’s new brand identity and centennial celebration.
- Assist with day-to-day written and visual communication for internal and external audiences, including writing and editing copy for marketing collateral and communications, and managing the firm’s social media presence. Reinforce and maintain the firm’s voice and style.
- Work with outside PR agency to coordinate firm news announcements, press releases, media mentions and event promotions; client alerts; firm newsletters; attorney-written articles; blogs; advertisements and other external thought leadership initiatives.
- Assist with maintaining and drafting new content for the firm’s website, including attorney bios, as well as its LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Oversee and support internal marketing communication projects, including the firm’s internal newsletter, Intranet marketing content and a variety of firm-wide communications and announcements.
- Rewrite/repurpose content from a variety of sources to ensure use in multiple channels for maximum impact.
- Assist with key marketing events, including pre-event logistics, event management and execution, as well as post-event follow-up and analysis.
- Assist with initiating and submitting award submissions for attorneys, clients and the firm.
- Assist the Marketing Director in developing the Marketing Communications Budget and Plan, including monitoring expenditures and evaluating effectiveness.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly relevant experience with developing marketing collateral and business content.
- Experience with law firms, especially in a marketing or communications role.
- Ability to work with a range of communication channels and tools that include marketing collateral, website, social media, and PR/media placements.
- Facility for managing multiple assignments and simultaneous, competing demands.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated drive, dedication, professionalism, and a positive attitude.
- Familiarity with AP style
The Marketing & Communications Specialist reports to the Marketing Director and the position requires availability outside of normal business hours as needs dictate.
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. is an intellectual property law firm with more than 110 attorneys and 99 years of practice providing legal counsel and representation to the world’s most innovative companies. Please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. The Firm will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, age, mental or physical disability, legal citizenship or any other status protected by law.