Perm W2 opportunity for PHP- Full stack developer
- Kind & Compassionate
- Pride of Ownership & Accountability
As a Full-stack Web Developer you will be a key member of their core LAMP development team and have the responsibility of developing, maintaining, and updating best-in-class websites, APIs, and other web-based products for a variety of clients. In addition you will also help shape the internal build tools, processes, and techniques. As a member of this growing team, you will work closely with project leaders, designers, UX, strategists and the account team to unite great ideas with great execution for the benefit of the clients. As a member of this team you are going to be expected to be a self-starter, share your ideas, work hard, and have a sense of humor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of the organization.
- Manage and execute the clients' website updates including programming and database changes across different frameworks and CMSs.
- Maintain a constant dialogue with the project management team to make sure development work is on time and tracking properly.
- Design, build, and maintain REST APIs to provide functionality to other systems and website
- Integrate external APIs and data sources to provide needed website functionality
- Consistently develop high-quality, maintainable, and testable (specifically, for automated testing) code
- Follow industry security standards in implementing proper safeguards and performing vulnerability testing and assessment
- Always deliver cross-browser/device uniformity and error free functionality with progressive enhancements.
- Develop mobile apps or solutions using modern Responsive Web Design
- Identify areas of improvement in existing codebases and implement appropriate changes
- Provide recommendations and expertise internally during the sales process and contribute to proposal development with project estimates
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Adhere to corporate policies related to employee reviews; contribute to the development and achievement of SMART goals
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with applicable regulations
- 5 years of professional web development experience.
- Server management experience
- Comprehensive understanding of security and web development standards and best practices
- Exhibit programming best practices and utilize established conventions (e.g. MVC, DRY, separation of concerns, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, web dev or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in the following:
- SQL (MySQL experience preferred)
- CSS (SCSS experience preferred)
- HTML (Twig or Blade experience preferred)
- Experience in the following frameworks:
- MVC framework (Laravel or Symfony-based preferred)
- or alternate JS framework like Angular or React but not required
- SPA (single-page application) experience preferred but not required
- Utilize a modern web development workflow:
- local development environment (e.g. Vagrant, Homestead)
- dependency management (e.g. Composer, NPM/Yarn)
- source control (git)
- asset compilation and packaging (e.g. gulp, grunt)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year