Bankers Financial Corporation (BFC) is a dynamic, innovative insurance and financial services company with a 35-year tradition of expertise and service. We are seeking driven, versatile interns to assist with numerous critical projects and initiatives. All internships are PAID! As an intern at BFC, you will also get the opportunity to volunteer with the community, enjoy Lunch & Learns on topics such as: Refining Your Resume, Innovation in the Workplace, LinkedIn Presence, and will be included in other company-sponsored activities. Plus, our attire at BFC is casual; yes, you can wear jeans every day! We also offer lots of free training and provide our interns with a database for free, online classes on an array of topics. Every intern is paired with a mentor. The mentor and intern meet on a regular basis to discuss career development and goals. Make sure to check out our BFC Intern Instagram page by going to the link below to see some of the activities from past interns.
About the program:
- Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- Timeframe: Length of a semester; however, some may be extended.
- Hours: 20-30 hours per week, flexible schedule to accommodate class schedule.
- Weekly gatherings with interns, managers, and/or executives.
- You will gain valuable, real-world experience that will initiate a smooth transition into your career.
- All internship opportunities are paid.
- Opportunities typically available in the following areas throughout the year: Product Management, Operations, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Actuarial, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, and others.
Required skills and characteristics:
- Work with Service desk on supporting the corporate technology landscape.
- Helping end users troubleshoot PC and application issues to assisting corporate IT staff in rolling out new hardware or software services.
- Support BFC leaders in the completion of critical projects and initiatives.
- Analyze and improve current processes, products and systems.
- Identify, research and implement innovative solutions to current and new questions.
- Present findings of research/analysis.
- Provide fresh perspective on current products, operations and strategy.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive, complete or exclusive list of the duties of the position. Additional and different duties may be assigned from time to time. We are an E-Verify company.
- Driven, versatile, analytical, intelligent, quickly learn new concept, communicate effectively, and be familiar with principles of business.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Preferred skills, characteristics, and knowledge are largely dependent upon field of study and specific area of focus of internship.