Bank of Marin, voted by our employees as one of the Best Places to Work in the North Bay Business Journal, is seeking a Branch Manager to lead our downtown Sausalito and Tiburon branches.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the oversight of providing exceptional customer service by managing efficiencies of the branch, analyzing branch activity, ensuring that customer issues are handled, and promoting sales and referrals while complying with Bank policies and procedures. Provides ongoing staff development relating to technical and product knowledge, referrals and customer retention. Experienced in both retail bank operations and sales.
Essential job duties include:
- Oversees the flow of cash and financial instruments in accordance with company policy and regulatory standards.
- Enforces established procedures for custody and control of assets, records.
- Supervises branch personnel (hires, assigns work, creates schedules, and reviews performance).
- Conducts ongoing coaching and mentoring to help raise employee sales, service and operations skill levels.
- Ensures a high level of customer service is provided. Balance operation controls and customer service in order to minimize risk to the Bank. Conducts sales and relationship growth calls to customers and prospects. Branch Manager will spend 20% - 30% of their time on warm sales calls as needed or initiates contact for additional business.
- Regularly reviews branch budget and executes strategies to control expenses and achieve budgeted growth.
- Leads sales culture in the branch. Coaches/motivates staff to help them achieve targeted sales objectives including cross sell ratios, deposit and loan growth profitability targets, sales of cash management and other third party products.
- Partners with Regional Manager, Market Manager, Business Developers, Commercial Lenders, Wealth Management, Cash Management and others to maximize customer relationships.
- Participates in community organizations and non-profits to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Use Bank’s sales tracking system on daily basis to track conversations, up sells with clients and any outside calls.
Bachelor's degree and 4 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefers a minimum of 10 years previous bank experience, including a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience, and excellent knowledge of retail bank operations and sales functions.
Bank of Marin is a commercial community bank and a growing public company with career advancement opportunities. We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing and employee stock ownership plans. This is a full-time position, working Monday – Friday; the Bank is closed on weekends.
Bank of Marin is an equal opportunity employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability