Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
About the position
We are seeking individuals who possess a background in quality assurance (QA) and automated testing development with strong interpersonal skills to join a team of dedicated and innovative professionals in Information Technology Services (ITS).
Your contribution will be crucial in creating and updating critical financial, trading, and market collection systems, supporting major financial institutions, central banks and the citizens of Canada.
Your future responsibilities
- develop and maintain test strategies, test plans, test cases, test scripts and other assets that are used to support testing
- execute test cases and procedures (manual or automated); document test results
- build relationships with internal and external clients and support staff to support business needs
- participate in the defect process, ensuring that defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely resolution
- produce and present clear and effective written documentation, including correspondence and reports
- analyze the impact of a change from a testing perspective, including time, cost and risk
- prepare testing estimates that incorporate all of the activities required to effectively test the system
- provide advice and guidance on QA services, tools and processes to management, colleagues and clients
- research, evaluate and recommend tools and services that support or improve testing
- manage multiple work priorities and demands
- work in an Agile environment as part of an active Scrum Team with developers and business analysts
- act as a Test Analyst on projects. Where required, participate in manual testing effort, based on demand and requirements.
- act as a Test Analyst, Test Automation Developer or Performance Testing Analyst in various initiatives
Your education and experience
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline with 5 years of experience in testing applications, using a formalized system-testing process and developing test strategies and plans and producing test cases and scripts based on requirements documents or use cases
- an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- experience working in Agile projects
- experience developing and maintaining automated test scripts
- experience using source-control software to manage group software projects
- experience building deployment software to manage test execution
- experience working as a performance testing analyst
- experience in developing and maintaining performance test scripts
- experience using SQL Manager
Your knowledge and skills
As a Systems Testing Analyst, you are an effective communicator, self-starter and team player. You think innovatively to find solutions to complex problems and act as a change contributor.
You have experience in the following:
- testing web applications
- testing third-party applications and their integration with other systems
- QA methods and best practices
English or French essential
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $77,800 to $96,000 (job grade 16)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (5 to 7% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (10% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health and dental coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service
For more information on key benefits, please visit www.bankofcanada.ca/careers/working-here.
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Reliability
- Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.