Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
About the position
You can add your skills to a team that plans and develops content that is engaging, clear and easy to use. We communicate primarily with the Bank’s 1700 employees in Ottawa and across the country, but we work closely with other communications and content specialists to create work that is shared across audiences and platforms.
We’re looking for an energetic people person who knows how to apply user-focused web-writing techniques to produce high-quality, meaningful content on tight deadlines. You know how to focus on business objectives and prioritize work to achieve results. You’re a professional and a team player who can work effectively with people at all levels of seniority and different experience and skill sets.
We’re a small agile team of communicators who work closely with our digital colleagues in web and multimedia. We provide strategic advice to departments and teams across the Bank on the tools and tactics to get the right information to the right audiences at the right time. We build great content, then iterate — always asking how we can make things better for users. We’re genuinely committed to teamwork, experimentation and learning – and having fun while we do it.
Your future responsibilities
As an experienced member of the Employee Communications team, you’ll collaborate with the subject matter experts and other communications specialists to plan, develop and deliver communications strategies, tactical plans and digital products:
- leading the end-to-end production of Bank-wide communications initiatives, keeping projects moving for peers and business partners
- drafting, writing and editing various forms of content (blog posts, speeches, video scripts); collaborating closely with colleagues, reviewing and critiquing their work to help us keep growing and improving
- guiding subject-matter experts, writers and business people through a content process to build communications and products that meet user needs
- helping your peers and colleagues to develop their digital content skills, ensuring efficiency and opportunities for growth and improvement within the Digital Strategy and Services team
- building solid working relationships and networks across the organization to become a trusted advisor and partner
Your education and experience
- university degree in a relevant discipline (such as journalism, communications, digital-media or content design) with five or six years of relevant experience
- an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- knowledge of Canada’s financial industry and the Bank of Canada’s business functions
- project-management experience using SCRUM
- experience in video and multimedia development and production
Your knowledge and skills
You have proven experience in the following areas:
- developing communications strategies, plans and products
- knowledge of content design, user experience, project management
- developing web-focused and multimedia content
- working with a multidisciplinary team
English and French essential (bilingual) with a minimum starting level of functional (level 4) in second official language. Training may be provided to help reach the required level of fully functional (level 5) in second official language.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $79,100 to $93,000 (job grade 16)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (5 to 7% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (10% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health and dental coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service
For more information on key benefits, please visit www.bankofcanada.ca/careers/working-here.
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Reliability
- There will be no relocation assistance provided
We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.