Amazon Web Services (AWS) has become one of the most trusted companies on the internet. We provide customers with a platform of products and services that enable them to innovate faster and operate their infrastructure at scale secure and cost-effective manner.
The AWS Solutions team helps customers bring together AWS's services into packaged, vetted, well-architected solutions that accelerate our customers adoption of the platform and let them build with confidence on the AWS cloud. These AWS Solutions are targeted at the most common problems our customers face today.
You can find all our AWS Solutions including their deployment guides here: https://aws.amazon.com/solutions. For those who are really interested, you can see every line of code here as well!
The team in Ottawa is focused on solutions involving AI/ML - something you have a background in and strong passion for. This is a globally scoped role and experience with a global mandate is an asset.
As a product manager, you will drive strategy, product roadmap, and performance for a portfolio of scalable, secure, and cost-effective cloud AWS Solutions. You will partner with sales, technical specialists, customers, and AWS service teams understand stakeholder needs and define product features that will move the needle for our customers. You will enhance existing solutions using data to improve performance, and you will develop new ideas based on your experience and stakeholder interactions.
The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to the AWS Solutions team. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
- Be fun to work with! At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. You should love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You should be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact
- Enjoy communicating with customers and partners. Have a passion for building products for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises
- Have a passion for technology and cloud computing. The ideal candidate will be able to make sense of technical design choices to customers and business partners
- Be a role model for collaboration. You will work hand-in-hand with many stakeholders to translate customer problems, technical team observations, and market insight into features and roadmaps. You will support product marketing adoption programs, and enable business development, solution architects, sales and partners
- Possess a hybrid, results-oriented skill-set. While the ideal candidate is highly capable doing the many activities involved in building great products, you are also comfortable crafting presentations for senior audiences, and figuring out how to grow adoption of your products
- Work with stakeholders to set strategy, identify customer needs, define high level solutions and detailed features, and develop prioritized roadmaps that makes trade-offs between features and speed-to-launch
- Work with customers to better understand their needs and what would move the needle for them
- Work directly with software engineering teams to execute on roadmaps
- Use data to design and execute experiments to grow adoption
- Establish customer and sales feedback loops to synthesize feedback, prioritize feature requests, and drive follow-up actions and communications
- Define value propositions for targeted industries or workloads, set adoption goals, and contribute to the go-to-market plan and partner/ecosystem strategies
- Provide effective written and verbal updates to stakeholders on product roadmaps and in-flight projects
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance business needs against technical constraints
- Engage with service owners and partner teams to identify integration opportunities
- Speak at events, deliver internal enablement activities, support trade shows, and interact with customers
- Work effectively across groups in AWS and partners such as engineering, sales, business development, solutions architects, services, and evangelists to achieve business goals