Albertsons' Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 280,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. Albertsons' Companies is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randall's, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Albertsons Companies has an opening for an Accountant III for the Expense Payables team in the National Accounting Services Center in Phoenix, AZ
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. *Working knowledge of analyzing financial reports and records.
- Two or more years experience in accounts payables and account reconciliation.
- Two or more years of experience in a lead or supervisory experience.
- Advanced level PC skills with knowledge of Windows & Microsoft software applications, advanced knowledge in spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills, high degree of initiative and detail oriented with ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to complete work independently and high problem solving skills required.
- Four-year college degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years accounting experience in a large organization with mainframe-based accounting systems.
- Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and process complicated journal entries and maintain reconciliation of subsidiary details to General Ledger Control Accounts, including Accounts Payable Liabilities and Prepaid Expense accounts.
- Train and assist staff members with payment processes.
- Complete audits and special projects as assigned by management.
- Communicate with other departments, outside vendors, buyers, warehouses etc.