The Business Development Executive prospects new business opportunities for AFEX within a defined jurisdiction. The employee will be responsible for initial market research within the SME business sector, and a multi-pronged outreach approach with the goal of establishing new business leads for foreign exchange solutions.
The ability to communicate, research and qualify prospective clients, as well as the use of marketing and sales skills with prospective companies over the phone is essential to success in this position.
The Business Development Executive position is a business development position which acts as the first line of contact for prospective clients targeted by AFEX. The employee will conduct the following responsibilities:
- Utilize professional communication, research and qualifying skills, to generate contact information and maintain a database of new potential clients in Excel form, within equivalent electronic record or CRM.
- Identify and Prospect identified potential clients via cold-call or email outreach methodologies, whilst meeting or exceeding appointment targets set by the Sales Manager.
- Contact SME companies across a defined jurisdiction to introduce AFEX products and services.
- Outreach strategies should target communications with key decision makers for accounting or financial matters of the prospective company with the view of qualifying the client in relation to AFEX products and services.
- Qualified clients that meet a predetermined checklist or requirements are to be forwarded to identified Account Executives based on the discretion of the Sales Manager.
- Document the result of each communication, update the database and type clear and concise notes after each contact is made with a company.
- Provide necessary support for any onboarding issues, concerning CRM updates, collateral posting and general support to aid the onboarding process.
- Attend and actively participate in team and company meetings.
- Perform all other reasonable duties as requested by management.
- Act as an Ambassador for the Sales Team, and conduct work duties in such a manner that does not compromise or bring the company into disrepute.
- University or College degree required
- Substantiated interest in AFEX services and products, the foreign exchange markets and the SME business sector.
- Previous outbound business-to-business phone marketing or sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate corporate structures to identify decision makers.
- High degree of self-motivation and focus, combined with effective organizational and time management skills.
- Professional approach to prospective clients coupled with active listening skills and an inquisitive nature.
- The ability to work as a team player towards a specific sales goal.
- Well versed in the usage of Microsoft Office products, Excel databases and CRM systems.
AFEX is committed to offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or military or veteran status. AFEX complies with all applicable laws governing discrimination and harassment in employment in every location and jurisdiction in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.