Job Purpose: The Inventory Control Manager will manage the receipt, supply, storage and accessibility of work-in-process and raw material components.
- Job title: Inventory Control Manager
- Department: Production
- Report to: Operations Manager components.
- Key job tasks of Inventory Control Manager
- Initiates, implements, and manages inventory control processes to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Use of standard inventory control techniques including cycle counting, yearly physical inventory and parts audits to verify inventory accuracy.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces safety programs for material handlers; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all areas.
- Daily supervision of material handlers.
- Maintenance of outside inventory locations and grounds
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant material handling operations.
- Coordinates activities with Operations Manager
Job Requirements of Inventory Control Manager
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related technical field from four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and ability to learn, navigate and use all proprietary company and equipment software desired
- 3 years working in a manufacturing production environment
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Working knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) systems
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Inventory Management: 5 years (Preferred)