Vacancy Type: Temporary full-time (parental leave)
The position requires an individual with a combination of strong administrative and customer service skills and the ability to handle varied tasks in an independent environment. The position is split between two areas: the Home Flood Protection Program, and general AET administrative and project support. In the first area, the position works directly with the Director of Operations to support the Program by performing administrative tasks, acting as liaison between AET and program partners and assessors, and as the customer service lead assisting members of the public with inquiries and scheduling assessments. The second area is constantly evolving as the needs of AET change and grow. They involve assisting the Joint Health & Safety Committee, managing supply inventories, and providing project support to the Cambridge office, senior staff, and additional tasks as required.
Home Flood Protection Program
- Phone pre-registrants to answer questions about program and assessment process, provide passwords, etc.; Additional support through email correspondence
- Acquire monthly availability from assessors and determine appointment schedules
- Complete appointment bookings (including rescheduling and cancelling appointments) and take payment
- Communicate with assessors via email, phone, and in person, on the following topics: Program materials, homeowner concerns/issues, notices/announcements from Director of Operations, scheduling, meetings, other topics as required.
- Track AET materials for each assessor (collaborate with Administrative Coordinator)
- Track HFPP materials for each assessor and provide additional materials as needed
- Compile statistics for program partners as required
- Track pre-registrants across the registration cycle to ensure timely communication and proper removal from database
- Record minutes at Program meetings using AET template; distribute to Team
Administrative Tasks - AET General
- Perform H&S checks monthly on AET trucks and project totes; submit order requests to Administrative Coordinator as required; work in collaboration with Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Perform weekly inventory check of project supplies; provide findings to Administrative Coordinator so items can be ordered as required
- Desk audits, scheduling, administrative tasks related to bid submissions, audit preparation, meeting minutes, etc.
- Additional Support for Administrative Coordinator - covering phones & visitors, fleet pick-up, etc.
- One year certificate, preferably in office administration, or comparable work experience
- Minimum one year customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to function in an independent environment
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Office 365, Outlook, and comfort learning new computer programs (an internal, web-based customer data system is utilized for managing the Home Flood Protection Program)
Let us know why you would be a perfect fit for our team by forwarding your resume and a position-tailored cover letter. We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AET Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)