At AES Drilling Fluids we offer great benefits, competitive salary, paid overtime and work life balance. Benefits include employee paid medical insurance, optional dental and vision, vacation, sick pay, extremely generous holidays, 401K (6% match), life insurance and many others.
Location: West Houston
The Sales & Use Tax Accountant reports to the Assistant and US Controller and under their supervision, assists with a diverse array of accounting responsibilities including but not limited to Sales & Use Tax, Fixed Assets and General Accounting. This is a newly created, junior position with tremendous opportunity to make an organizational impact. It requires constant collaboration with team members, other departments and field employees. We seek a highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail who is interested in constant learning and advancing their overall accounting knowledge and career within AES Drilling Fluids.
- Prepares monthly sales and use tax filings and other state tax filing requirements, ensures sales and use tax compliance, perform research as required to ensure accuracy of tax filings.
- Assists with process improvement, from procurement, operations & accounting, regarding sales and use tax.
- Gathers documentation and prepares schedules for external tax audits as well as internal and annual audits.
- Tracks, reconciles and prepares fixed asset depreciation schedules.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entries for assigned balance sheet accounts; including but not limited to cash, fixed assets, prepaid assets/expenses, accrued liabilities, and other assigned accounts.
- Assists in month-end closing procedures including journal entries and accruals.
- Researches accounting discrepancies involving payables, fixed assets, and general ledger accounts.
- Works on various ad hoc projects with Senior Accountant, Accounting Supervisor, Assistant Controller, and US Controller.
- Assists with various reporting requests from US Controller and/or Corporate Finance Group, including forecasting.
- Collaborates with accounting team members to support team objectives.
- Assists with various projects and reporting as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or related degree).
- One (1) - two (2) years of sales and use tax or fixed asset experience is needed; prior work experience within the oil and gas and/or manufacturing industry would be highly advantageous.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (including strong Microsoft Excel skills), Outlook, internet research and accounting software-related applications.
- Previous experience with ERP software; experience with Dynamics AX or similar is preferred.
AES Drilling Fluids is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment on the basis of their qualification for the job in question without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin age, disability, military/veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
AES Drilling Fluids regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
AES is currently not engaging staffing firms for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales & Use Tax: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement