The Welding Specialist/Engineer is responsible for the support of all projects and continual
improvement initiatives from a technical development (welding) standpoint. Key Responsibilities • Interface with vendors and manufacturers regarding welding requirements.
- Responsible for creating and developing new welding procedures specifications (WPS)
- Required to support the welder testing program as required (if certified as a Welding Examiner).
- Review project specific welding standards and specifications and prepare project Specification
- Assist with the development of ITP’s and Welding/NDE Matrices.
- Research the applicability of new state-of-art welding technologies, including evaluation of welding
processes, equipment and technology.
- Manage Government certifications i.e. ABSA, TSBC etc. including renewals
- Provide Engineer oversight for CWB welding program(s).
- Develop and present engineering cost analysis between current and new welding processes, methods
- Conduct failure analysis of welded components when required.
- Interface with Owner’s on technical matters.
- Support welding program improvements i.e. manual to semi-auto etc.
- Monitoring welders and welding process to ensure compliance.
- Monitor Jurisdictional publications and Industry development into applicable code cases and
innovations. Supervisory Responsibilities NA Required Knowledge & Skills • Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- CSA 178.2 level I or II with B31.3 an asset
- Welding Examiner an asset.
- Technical Education WET, MET or P Eng,.
- High degree of familiarity with ASME Section IX and CSA Z662
- General Knowledge of various codes of construction (ASME B31.1, B31.3 ASME Sec. VIII, CSA B51,
CSA W47.1, CSA W59.)
- Strong computer skills – MS office, Excel
- Excellent and proven organizational skill in order to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks
within a high-pressure work environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Willingness to continually learn and advance technical knowledge.