Aecon Group Inc. is an industry-leading construction and infrastructure development company at the forefront of our economy’s strongest growth sectors – Infrastructure, Energy, Mining. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally.
Aecon Utility Engineering (AUE) a division focusing on engineering design and management, employing more than 100 engineers, technicians, project managers and clerical staff.
AUE was formed in 2005 to supply engineering and design services and support for our key Utilities clients. AUE’s design expertise covers the full spectrum of underground and overhead design and project management services for all types of utility construction including Oil & Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Storage, Hydro Electric Distribution and Transmission, Telecommunications, and District Energy Systems.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for all facets of design for our existing and perspective Utility clients. Key Responsibilities:
• Completion of design for various types of utility projects – Oil & Gas, Pipelines, Geothermal and District Energy
- Co-ordinate/ lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Complete pipe stress calculations
- Present deliverables to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Mentor junior technical staff
- Develop and monitor project budgets and schedules
- Support Designers with project documentation and design calculations
- Assist in field surveys
- Liaise with contractors, field staff
- Ability to travel for projects
• Performs other duties as required Qualifications:
• Relevant Engineering Degree
- Minimum of four years of project engineering experience
- Professional Engineer Designation (P.Eng.) with PEO
- Experience with utility company employment or with a consulting engineering firm considered an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical or Civil Engineering Technology program
- Experience with utility projects considered an asset
- Proficient with the use of computers and software, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to learn new skills, assume new responsibilities and work cooperatively in a team environment
- Excellent safety record and previously demonstrated strong safety awareness
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.Accommodations for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested. For more information and to submit an applications, please visit: www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs.