The Project Human Resources Manager will report to the Project Director, with a dotted line to the Human Resources Director. This position will act as an advisor for the Joint Venture Projects and is a hands-on, dynamic generalist role by providing coaching to Managers and Employees regarding Human Resources policies, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, training & development and recruitment. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring alignment between SNC-Lavalin, Aecon and Joint Venture Human Resources practices, through the creation of processes and procedures.
Joint Venture Specific Duties
Manage JV employee lists, and Project Assignment letters, determining policy eligibility for all new project staff including company and project transfers.
Administer and oversee project Living Out Allowance process in conjunction with Administration and as per Travel & Per Diem Policy, including tracking and collecting all necessary forms and supporting documentation.
Manage job descriptions and revise as needed.
- Maintain project recruitment tracker and hiring schedule for weekly resource meeting
Owns and works closely with the home companies for on-boarding as well as the project on-boarding team, ensuring all new employees have the proper equipment and access for their first day, including IT setup, project hire announcements, etc.
- Participate in the Joint Venture management meetings
- Be the single point of contact for JV Partners Human Resources departments
Advise clients on role requirements, development of role profiles, and job analysis
- Provide headcount projection and strategic workforce planning support
- Collaborate with hiring managers to schedule and participate in interviews as needed;
- Interview alongside hiring managers, performing thorough candidate assessments
Provide feedback to applicants and candidates who have applied and/or been interviewed;
Compensation & Benefits
Conduct compensation impact analysis as required, for various purposes including streamlining and organizational structure analysis, market data assessments and recommendations
Work with the Home Company Human Resources team on any disability case management
Effective situation/ conflict management, working closely with managers to ensure employee relations issues are handled professionally and timely
- Identify potential employee relations issues, resolving as appropriate and elevating to legal and senior human resources management as needed
Proactive outreach HR communications (supporting town halls, leadership/ operational team meetings, etc.)
- Case management and investigations
- Coaching managers and employees as required, applying progressive discipline principles as appropriate
- JV Policy interpretation and application
- Work closely with applicable home company HR teams to facilitate promotions, demotions, transfers, relocations, retirements, and terminations in a professional manner. Ensuring balance between project and employee needs
Support managers with performance management and objective setting during the regular cycle as well as when required. Effectively creating clear connections to Project plans
- Facilitate Talent Reviews for the project teams and ensure appropriate follow up on actions
- Ensure training needs for the business are evaluated and appropriate training selected, reinforced and tracked
- Support succession management initiatives and ensure appropriate succession plans are in place for the project
Support the roll-out of various home company corporate initiatives as required and alter if necessary to suit the JV
HR Team Management
Work closely with the home company Human Resources teams to keep them continually up to date of all project Human Resources issues
Required Knowledge & Skills