Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, the Design Coordinator will support Aecon's growing workload of complex alternative delivery projects. Key Responsibilities
- Assists Project Manager, engineering, and project controls with the preparation of drafting work scopes and man hour estimates for all proposals.
- Generate design deliverables list and design schedule for the pursuit.
- Track the development of design deliverables, ensuring quality and on-time completion.
Recognize and determine priority of tasks and schedule work for on-site and off-site design teams.
- Conduct meetings, reviews, prepare documentation and assist the PM in preparation of contractual communication to owner and subcontractors
- Participate in discipline task force teams, peer reviews, and evaluation of construction means & methods and applies lessons learned/best practices.
- Assist in coordination of Requests for Information (RFIs), submittals, and shop drawings for conformance with contract requirements in support of the construction schedule.
- Facilitate coordination meetings for each of the above to move them forward.
- Monitor scope and assist in the preparation of change documents and analyze interdisciplinary impacts
- Assist in design and construction reviews and to gain approval of all design-related questions/clarifications and packages Participate and facilitate design review meetings with owner, stakeholders, and operators to advance design packages
- Provide field and construction guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and younger Engineers on-site or off-site to ensure design meets as-built and existing conditions.
- Assist with identification of out-of-scope tasks and preparation of change orders to owner and/or contractor.
- Assist with design and schedule estimates for owner-directed change orders and contractor requested changes Monitors drafting progress for all disciplines on his/her specific projects.
- Audits drawings for all disciplines on a regular basis for completeness and adherence to standards for his/her specific projects. Ensures all drawings, for all disciplines, are properly checked for his/her specific projects.
- Possesses an awareness of project schedule and budget.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field)
- 10+ years of related field engineering related experience in complex construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience in alternative delivery projects and pursuits.
Ability to handle multiple tasks and issues and excellent communication skills
- Experience in design or construction field on large complex civil projects with responsibility over on-site and off-site designers.
- Professional registration may also be required