Reporting to the Project Director the Administrative Assistant is responsible for superior customer service to the entire team. They will perform a variety of complex, and at times confidential administrative tasks requiring a thorough knowledge of company policy and procedures. This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team exercising judgment and initiative and may work for several departments or managers.
This position will be located in Cambridge, Ontario for the first 6 months of employment, and then will be relocated to Kincardine, Ontario.
- As the first point of contact for company, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
Ensure that every guest is signed in, call the appropriate employee they are here to visit.
- Maintain the reception area in a tidy and presentable manner, may involve light dusting/cleaning.
Answer incoming calls; refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written message for employees.
Observe and report any security issues to supervisor.
Work with the Steering Committee to prepare any internal communications or external communications
- Work closely with Home Office and Human Resources to ensure the right amount and level of communications is happening in a timely manner
- Prepare and coordinate with home office on content for the Quarterly Update presentation
- Send any relevant information to home office for their Aecon@aglance
- Post and maintain a communications board in the office/site
Receive and coordinate office mailings (Internal and External)
- Receive and Sign for couriers and record on the tracking sheet
- Monitor and track packages, shipments as necessary.
Put together outgoing couriers
- Order courier supplies
- Coordinate and manage In/Out Log for all employees
- Ensure that the appropriate evacuation procedures (with the in/out log) are followed in the event of an emergency.
- Update company phone lists monthly and coordinate with Nuclear Head Office the master list
- Coordinate with IS and Update Global Address Book (Outlook) for all employees to ensure their information is up to date
Maintain the ‘Kincardine Office’ Distribution list in the Global Address Book (Outlook)
Prepare pre-qualification documentation for Business Development
Market study data manipulation
Assist in property management and set-up for new facilities
Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare all meeting minutes, agendas and other documentation for meetings.
- Work with the finance team to run reports out of SAP for Project Managers to show time charged out to their projects each week.
Upload LOA timesheets
- Collect and upload hourly timesheets
- Perform and maintain daily documentation, filing and meeting minutes
Create, monitor and maintain security set up for filing system for share point sites or electronic folder system
- Create and maintain organizational charts for departments
Create and update organizational charts for projects
Proofread documents for correct English usage, grammar and spelling
Travel Arrangements & Expenses
- Make travel arrangements for all employees
- Complete expense reports for SMT and submit to Concur for processing.
Complete expense form for managers and submit to Concur
- Update and maintain travel profiles
- Confirm, print and have available all travel plans for each individual that travel has been booked for
- Schedule appointments for various events including organizing meetings, conferences, dinners
Register, complete and coordinate any and all documentation associated to travel, conferences, forums that management is attending
- Manage the In/Out Log within Outlook for those that you have booked travel for
- Accountable for coding, acquiring signatures and submitting invoices to A/P
Maintain appointment schedules, calendars, and arrange meetings internally as well as with outside clients
- Order catering for meetings
- Take meeting minutes as required
- Assist with the planning, administration, registration and coordination of company events (i.e. Leadership Matters, Golf Tournament, Christmas Party, Christmas Lunch, BBQs, etc.)
Coordinate department or project specific Team Building events
Office Supplies & Promotional Items
- Order promotional items as requested from the (E-Store) for all sites and employees
- Organize and maintain the office
- Ensure that front reception area is clean and presents well
Have all boardrooms and conference spaces clean, organized and ready for meetings
- Refill coffee/water stations
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), dealing tactfully with employees, visitors and customers
Above average computer skills using MS Office Products, including PowerPoint
Must be able to deal with sensitive issues in a confidential manner.
Problem solving, planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, work to timelines
Knowledge of office methods and procedures, equipment and filing systems, both electronic and manual
Needs to know the basic organizational structure.
High school and minimum 5 years executive level support
Due to the nature of work conducted by Aecon, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment