Aecom Burnaby is looking for an Environmental Scientist to add to their growing environmental site investigation and remediation team. This position will support a wide variety of local and Western Canada projects both in the office and in the field. The successful candidate will have experience managing/coordinating environmental projects, conducting environmental field work and writing environmental technical reports. This role will require general, multi-disciplinary knowledge relating to environmental site assessments, remedial options analysis and implementation, and risk assessment/management within the BC regulatory regime. The candidate will work in a team environment and must be able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Manage small contaminated site investigation and remediation projects or coordinate environmental tasks on large infrastructure projects including coordination of multi-disciplinary teams (engineers, geotechnical, hydrogeologists, risk assessors)
- Support work plan and proposal preparation activities
- Delivery work on schedule and budget following client and AECOM quality procedures
- Performs standard scientific work requiring application of techniques and procedures related to contaminated sites investigation and remediation.
- Detects problems when using standardized procedures because of the condition of sample, difficulties with the equipment, etc.
- Conducts specific phases of projects for more experienced scientists.
- Proposes appropriate analytical methods and techniques.
- Assists in providing advice and consulting services within scope of scientific knowledge to internal and external clients.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, provincial and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on analysis.
- Works under general supervision of senior environmental scientists and engineers.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience
- Solid verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- 6+ years of relevant experience in contaminated sites investigation and remediation
- Strong project coordination or management experience within both provincial and federal regulatory regimes
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary intermediate and junior staff on projects
- Experience managing contractors and subcontractors
- Experience with coordinating, supervising and documenting remedial excavations is an asset
- Professional Registration as a P.Ag., P.Geo, or P.Eng
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.