The Transportation business line of AECOM is actively seeking a motivated, highly talented entry level railway engineer for the Calgary or Edmonton office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Reporting to the Alberta Rail Lead, provide engineering, technical, and management support to the Rail Group.
- Provide assistance to other Transportation disciplines as project needs dictate.
- Assist with the preparation of safety plans, proposals, design packages, and tender documentation.
- Embrace project management principles and provide support to PMs.
- Conduct GPS field surveys and process data (preliminary, layout, and quantity surveys).
- Act as a central liaison between AECOM, clients, and contractors on railway construction sites.
- Assist with preparation of detailed design drawings for civil-transportation projects.
- Prepare computer 3D and 2D models that can be used to generate plans, cross sections, quantities and survey notes.
- Produce plan sets including the filing and archiving of drawings and assists with quality reviews before drawings are released.
- Provide quality and quantity control on construction projects.
- Engineering degree (Civil preferred). Upcoming Spring 2019 Graduates will be considered.
- Team player who is willing to take ownership of assigned work with ability to establish and meet deadlines consistently.
- Demonstrates analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
- Works independently with general guidance except for complex and unusual situations.
- Some skill in utilizing Civil 3D tools and CADD, and an interest in growing that skill.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and willingness to get involved in planning, design, and construction as projects dictate.
- Willingness for field work and travel, including extended periods in remote areas.
- 2+ years of related transportation, civil, or project management experience.
- Prior Freight Rail Experience
- Prior surveying experience, with the ability to collect and analyze data independently.
- Prior project coordination experience on civil construction projects.
- Familiarity with current Railway Design Standards and Regulations (AREMA, CN, CP, Transport Canada, etc.)
- Proficient with Civil 3D
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.