The Transportation business line of AECOM is actively seeking a highly talented Director of Rail Construction for a position located in Montreal, Quebec.
Additional Job Description
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Vice President, Freight Rail (Canada), provide construction technical and management leadership and support to the Rail Group.
- Actively demonstrates the highest level of SH&E commitment in all activities undertaken; this is the number one priority for this role.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and willingness to get involved in the development and execution of AECOM's construction administration services for various projects as needed.
- Experienced in leading and mentoring less experienced construction administration staff.
- Embrace project and construction management principles.
- Leads or assists in the preparation of proposals, qualifications and expressions of interest in relation to construction administration opportunities.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of client, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Works independently with general guidance except for complex and unusual situations.
- Coordinates the assembly of project teams to work on rail industry construction administration projects.
- Coordinates with other internal groups and business lines as needed.
- Coordinates in the review of tender documentation for constructability, and participates in pre-tender meetings and analysis of submissions.
- Coordinates construction projects to control quality, cost and schedule and to maintain a safe work place.
- Prepares reports and other documentation for clients and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates and reviews work undertaken by technical and construction administration staff to ensure that work is completed accurately.
- Chair meetings with clients, contractors, and others for project delivery and business development..
- 10+ years managing all elements of Railway project development and execution, including People, Costs, Project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Client care, with a focus on successfully leading projects through the construction, commissioning and close-out phases.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- 20+ years managing all elements of Railway project development and execution, including People, Costs, Project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Client care. with a focus on successfully leading projects through the construction, commissioning and close-out phases.
- 20 years senior management experience in a railway engineering role
- Certified Track Inspector
- Thorough understanding of all areas of Railway Operations (Track, Rolling Stock, Bridges & Structures, Facilities, Signals & Communications, etc.)
- Experience with various delivery / procurement methods is an asset including design-build and P3
- Exceptional leadership and people skills
- Advanced analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
- High level of skill with supervising construction administration staff and interpreting contract documentation, including progressive and final payments and project close out
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.