Aecom Winnipeg is looking for a Civil Specialist.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a developing professional within specific domains of the field who continues to develop areas of expertise
- Applies limited knowledge of standard practices, techniques, and procedures for variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Employee may be responsible for aspects of a project or have significant technical role, but is not yet a lead; final authority usually rests with a more senior staff member or supervisor.
- Assists in the development of alternate solutions and design options in support of project team, e.g. white paper research, code review.
- Provides analysis and develops reports, opinions, and recommendations to address design challenges and opportunities with mentoring from senior level architects or designers.
- Communicates and collaborates with full design team and others.
- Develops, coordinates the development of work products such as specifications, drawings, and illustrative graphics based on input from client.
- Develops technical approach and criteria for a design element and analyzes complex issues.
- Coordinates work product for compliance with standards. Identify risk or problems and recommends solution.
- BA/BS + 2 YORE or AA/AS (US) + 4 YORE or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) + 4 YORE or HS/GED + 6 YORE
- Interest in the Railway industry
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- C.E.T. or eligible for registration with Certified Technicians & Technologists Association of Manitoba within 12 months of hire date
- Working knowledge of North American Class 1 Railway geometric design and civil design standards
- Highly proficient using Autodesk Civil 3D (2016 or later) for rail or road geometric and embankment grading/drainage design
- Work successfully with others in a team setting
- Self-starting with a strong attention to detail and quality
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, problem-solving and analytical skills are a must.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.