Specialist Multiplatform Scheduling, A&E
The Specialist, Multiplatform Scheduling is responsible for all aspects of scheduling for A&E with emphasis on Digital strategy. Along with the VP, Scheduling this role helps create non-linear strategy of content and manages all inventory on VOD for the A&E brand. This role is the lead scheduler for all Digital content strategy for the network, utilizing both long form and short form content to help generate both promotional value back to the linear network while also generating incremental revenue. This role works to help development innovative 2nd run premieres. Additionally, the Specialist will contribute to the linear network, scheduling of various series across multiple dayparts while also taking lead on key ad-hoc projects including but not limited to competitive tracking and 3rd party content distribution.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Specialist Multiplatform Scheduling, A&E:
- Create, refresh and maintain the daily lineup of offerings on AETV.com.
- Design broadband schedules that will promote and complement the linear network, capitalize on Programming’s hits (deliver impressions) and drive revenue.
- Generate A&E VOD schedules for MVPDs that focus on network priorities as well as meeting the needs of Affiliate Sales and National Ad-Sales team.
- Schedule program offerings on DTO platforms (iTunes, etc.). Match up linear priorities with iTunes as well as iTunes needs.
- Fully develop and manage on-air 2nd Run strategy, working with Programming, A+E Digital Studios, production companies, and Operations to implement forward-thinking strategies that drive ratings and revenue
- Provide expert intelligence on the competitive digital landscape.
- Analyze data from both internal and external measurements systems. Utilize these learnings to further improve our scheduling and continue to grow numbers.
- Manage all programming assets on digital platforms and linear networks to prevent scheduling conflicts as well as provide strategic input on how best to utilize the crossover inventory.
- Provide the Digital Media team and National Ad-Sales stunts and packaging opportunities that will enhance their ability to produce revenue generating packages across all digital platforms.
- Liaison between Digital Media, Affiliate Sales, Programming and Production to ensure proper implementation of schedules.
- Determine rights and clearances for all A&E and CI Programming to be used on any and all Digital Platforms.
- Maximize the value of existing program inventory by utilizing it effectively across multiple platforms.
- Manage mobile schedule.
- Charged with episodic scheduling of various A&E series across all dayparts.
- College degree
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in television, cable or broadcast
- Must have an understanding of ratings and scheduling strategies
- Strong management and organizational skills, an ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Must be flexible and pro-active with great attention to detail and have great organizational and personal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA: If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter