The candidate will have the opportunity to develop critical systems and workflows involved in powering our websites - A+E, History, Lifetime and fyi, - and nearly all of our video apps spread out across a diverse platform set such as iOS, Roku, Android and Chromecast. Opportunities to innovate are waiting for the hands-on, self-starter who brings talent and experience to this major media company working alongside a team of developers, a Tech lead and a SCRUM master/Project lead.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for building and maintaining applications that process metadata for our AVOD and SVOD apps and third-party distribution channels.
- Work closely with application developers, web developers and other consumers to fulfill data requirements and inform on optimal use of data and tools.
- Perform updates in the Video Asset Management platform.
- Evaluate new technologies and workflow changes, finding opportunity to improve performance, ease-of-use or efficiency.
- Identify and communicate technical issues and discrepancies to management and colleagues.
- Write technical documentation for all architecture and applications.
- Implement and integrate third-party libraries and APIs.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- College Degree Preferred
- Hands-on experience with relational and No-SQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with Wordpress or other CMS
- Unit or Functional testing experience
- Built apps on Cloud hosting services like Amazon Web Services
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
- Comfortable approaching new technologies and workflows.
- Excellent client services skills. Friendly can-do attitude, ability to stay calm under pressure and a strong relationship builder.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Must interact effectively with distribution partners and management across all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of metadata, XML transformation, media, asset movement, storage, sequencing and naming conventions.
- Flexible and adaptable with an appetite for implementing positive change, keen problem-solving abilities. Self-starter who proactively identifies and structures opportunities and projects
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter