Manager, Digital Product SVOD
The A+E Networks product team is obsessed with helping to define the future of television. A+E Networks is at the forefront of the changes taking place in the TV business and is building the next generation of digital products that enable viewers to watch and be entertained on every screen.
This product manager role is focused on developing direct to consumer, subscription video on demand (SVOD) products. A+E currently has two SVOD products in market: Lifetime Movie Club and HISTORY Vault. Working closely with a dedicated team of engineers, designers and UX researchers, the product manager will focus on ensuring market fit, improving the user experience and optimizing the customer journey, from acquisition to retention.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Operate as the product owner and leader of a dedicated, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team, continually adding work (stories) to a backlog, and making prioritization decisions to determine what gets worked on, based on a range of inputs from stakeholders, including business leads, marketing, executive management, analytics and others.
- Perform product discovery working with users, data and other inputs. Develop concepts into products and services through collaboration with software and QA engineers, visual and UX designers and project managers via generation of wireframes, story maps, prototypes, and other techniques.
- Ability to synthesize data from numerous sources (research, analytics, user testing, etc.) and make informed product decisions and refine product strategy. Desire to constantly evolve products based on the needs of users and to drive teams to continually improve the user interface and user experience.
- Perform technical and platform due-diligence to identify vendors and technology solutions for all products.
- Create presentation materials to communicate products and priorities to both internal audiences and external customers.
- Reports to the VP Product & Platforms, Digital Media
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
You will use your analytical skills, enthusiasm for telling stories through data and knowledge of economics and statistics to build A+E Networks brand and credibility. You will work closely with the rest of the research team to respond to data requests, conduct analysis on digital trends, and build data that drives insights and results.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
The ideal candidate will have years of technical product management experience utilizing user-centric product management best practices (Agile/Scrum/Lean) and will be adept at managing work in a fast-paced, corporate environment with many stakeholders. The ability to use data to make decisions, devise hypotheses and run experiments is absolutely crucial.
5+ years product management experience in a software, Web or mobile application environment.
- Strong technical, creative and strategic acumen. Solid visual, design and information architecture vocabulary.
- Curious and innovative, with the ability to connect the dots between market and technology changes and product opportunities
- Experience with Web and mobile technologies – payments systems and subscription metrics a BIG plus.
- Experience with mobile and connected TV Apps a big plus.
- Happiest working as part of an Agile team (you’d rather chew your own arm off than go back to waterfall)
- Experience with client and server application development as well as an understanding of mobile platforms and their unique UI/UX requirements
- Proven ability to deliver great outcomes in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments i.e. “not afraid to get your hands dirty" and do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational abilities, ability to troubleshoot and provide feedback, guidance and solutions for product development plans a must.
- Results and execution oriented with excellent communication and relationship skills with all levels of employees
- Presentation skills using various media including presentation software
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA: If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter