Analyst, Marketing Analytics
A+E Networks is seeking an Analyst, Marketing Analytics to support a data-driven approach to media planning and optimization across the organization. This role spans brands (A&E, HISTORY, LIFETIME, LMN, FYI), platforms (linear television, VOD, Digital, Subscription video, etc.) and media channels (On Channel, Cross Channel, Off Channel).
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support the acquisition and retention of viewers leveraging a data-driven approach to both owned and paid media
- Coordinate with Media Agency and Internal Marketing & Promotion Planning teams to maintain a Marketing Campaign Tracker across all media plans in order ensure alignment between on-channel, cross-channel, off-channel, Social, and Digital channels
- Maintain KPI Trackers for each Marketing campaign to help identify predictors of ratings success, and populate Dashboards that enable the Marketing team and agency partners to optimize media strategies mid-flight
- Collaborate on the build of viewer segments and custom targets for each campaign using Nielsen NPOWER data and 1st Party data sources.
- Participate in creative testing in Social and Programmatic environments (e.g. Facebook, YouTube), to help identify the creative asset most likely to resonate with target segments
- Collaborate on attribution modelling, with the goal of identifying marketing tactics that best “move the needle” on Linear ratings, brand perception, and Digital audience growth
- Participate in the evaluation and select of best-in-class vendors that leverage an AI-driven approach to media targeting and measurement
- Harmonize conversion metrics with cost data to assign an ROI to each key marketing tactic
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
As the media industry grapples with fragmentation and disruption, a key facet of Research is to be the driving force in helping their company capture, report on, monetize, and understand audiences. An opportunity lies in Research to work across divisions and departments to create a unified language that ensures that internal clients understand—and take advantage of—complex metrics. The key is giving the necessary context so that decisions can be made. While this sounds disarmingly simple, it is a challenge to get the majority of the company to speak the same language and understand new vernacular. Research is a central force within the broader organization in gaining an objective perspective for a wide array of complex questions. It may sound academic – and certainly there is a portion of the job that requires a love of learning – but the primary attribute that will bring you success is curiosity. For example, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of what motivates someone to tune into a show, buy a product based on placement of an ad, become a fan on social media, or why certain types of programs are successful across regions of this country and abroad. Ultimately, each research candidate gets a better understanding of the rigor that goes into making business decisions by uncovering not boulders, but pebbles along the path to connecting to A+E Networks core asset, its content.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- 2+ years’ experience in a data-driven marketing or performance-focused media planning role
- Experience with data science tools such as Python, SQL and Tableau
- Quantitative thinker with exceptional communication skills
- Hands-on experience planning/measuring television campaigns, including the use of data sets across the Nielsen product suite. Exposure to set top box data providers, and emerging smart TV data sets in both addressable and non-addressable environments a plus
- Knowledge of the digital analytics ecosystem, including advanced targeting and measurement techniques in Programmatic, Social, Mobile, etc.
- Prior exposure to advanced segmentation models, combining demographic, psychographic and behavioral data sets to score prospects and micro target likely converters
- Familiarity with the application of machine-learning predictive models preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline preferred
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA: If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter