The intern for A+E ORIGINALS will be an integral member of this hands-on production unit within A+E Networks. Our team is responsible for internal development and production of 80+ hours of content and our intern will assist with tasks touching every area of our business, from brainstorming ideas, to helping to write treatments, to assisting on shoots and assisting with administrative work, among other tasks that come up daily. Each day is different and exciting with AEO.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Attend and participate in development meetings/brainstorms
- Conduct research projects for development
- Curate weekly trend report to send to department
- Help as needed on current production including but not limited to: PA on shoots, completion of time coded scripts, lower thirds, shot sheets, rights and clearances, logging footage.
- Intern will perform summer long project in which they develop an idea and pitch it to one of the programmers at the conclusion of the summer.
- Assist with scheduling meetings for department executives
- Administrative duties (i.e. processing travel and expense reports, filing, ordering supplies and photocopying
- Assist with departmental wide organization projects
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
Rising junior, senior student currently enrolled at an accredited college/
university and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media are strongly preferred
- We are looking for a self-starter to join the AEO team, someone who is extremely organized and detail oriented and has an energetic, can-do attitude. Must be a quick learner (but unafraid to ask questions) and have the ability to work both independently and in groups. Must have the ability to work under pressure and handle a fast-paced work environment, prioritizing tasks by importance. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about television and pop culture who is excited to learn and be part of an emerging team. Knowledge of iMovie or another type of editing software and Photoshop and/or InDesign is a plus