- Establish and maintain laboratory operations including keeping all equipment in good working order
- Train all laboratory users in safe equipment and facility operations
- Supervise activities of chemical technologists to ensure smooth laboratory operations
- Evaluate technical issues and provide recommendations for corrective actions;
- Estimate production schedule and insure that customer demands are met;
- Adhere to the Health and Safety Act and Regulation and emphasize company H&S policies;
- Research and maintain up to date knowledge;
- Develop and optimize chemical processes to be used in production;
- Understand customer requirement and perform product development accordingly;
- Coordinate with engineering team to transition processes to pilot and production facilities;
- Liaise with external testing labs and other organizations for product analysis;
- Create and keep spreadsheets and meeting minutes;
- Organize and report progress and results to senior management and customers;
- Develop research & development partnerships that support company goals; * Prepare and deliver project reports, presentations, proposals, SOPs, work instructions and other documentations as required
- PhD in Chemistry, or Electrochemistry with some industrial experience.
- Knowledge of process organic chemistry and biochemical engineering.
- Proficiency with basic wet chemistry/electrochemistry techniques.
- Proficiency with GC, HPLC, ICP and spectroscopy techniques and equipment.
- Experience managing quality management systems.
- Ability to develop technically creative solutions. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Can work independently and as a part of an interdisciplinary, diverse team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills. * Direct supervisory responsibility is desirable.
- Project management experience is preferred.
Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company pilot and production sites. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Job Type: Full-time