We are seeking a Rockstar Salesperson to join our team!
Advocation Professional Corporation (Advocation for short) is a law firm which focuses exclusively on employment/Human Resources law. The function of the firm is to provide legal services as well as compassion and empathy to individuals and organizations who are going through workplace transition (job loss, new job, difficulty at work). We are very committed not only to providing quality legal representation and support to our clients, but also providing superior customer service and personal attention to the client's needs.
We need a Rockstar Salesperson to meet with prospective clients, listen to them, and educate them as to how Advocation can show them the path to a better tomorrow.
We are a small but quickly growing law firm located in Toronto, Ontario, servicing clients throughout the GTA. We offer a competitive compensation package with a base salary and incentives. The compensation package for this sales position will consist of a lower base salary with generous bonuses and incentives based upon performance. If you need the comfort of a predictable base salary with no pressure to perform, this position is not for you.
We also offer a collegial and fun work environment and other perquisites.
If the following describes you, then YOU may be the Rockstar we are looking for:
- You already understand basic sales philosophies.
- You understand how to build a relationship, determine how to interact with different types of personalities, and close a sale by creating urgency and promoting value.
- You understand that sales are not made by telling someone how great you are.
- You understand that sales is not something you do "to" someone - it is something you do "for" someone - by showing them the value our services will provide to their lives and the problem it will solve for them.
- You understand sales is helping a prospective client see the value of the services we provide and how it can add value to their lives.
- You understand that NO requires further conversation.
- You understand that most of the time, "I can't afford it," is a mindset problem.
- You're not afraid to point out to your boss when you need help or to bounce ideas around.
- You're a problem solver and do not require constant direction and supervision.
- You value your appearance and always maintain a neat and polished presentation.
- You value entrepreneurship.
- You see what most people would see as a "problem" as an "opportunity."
- You understand that you should not be doing all of the talking during a sales conversation.
- You are confident but not egotistical and you understand the difference between the two.
- You can think on your feet and you don't get discouraged when things don't go as planned.
- You don't feel defeated when you hear "no."
- You don't feel the need to bounce out the door as soon as the clock hits 5:00.
- You practice personal development and work on improving your mindset.
- You understand the value of networking in sales.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in sales relating to selling high-end or luxury services or products.
Your basic responsibilities:
- Meet with potential new clients to listen to them, ascertain their problem and present the value of our firm to them.
- Follow up with potential new clients who have not signed up yet.
- Work with owners on sales goals that line up with firm's growth goals.
- Daily personal development.
- Work with the owners to improve sales practices and procedures.
These items are non-negotiable:
- You must be available to work and be in the office Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- You must have SALES experience. (If you do not have sales experience, your application will not be considered).
- You must be positive! We need someone who can inject some positivity into our clients' lives and promote morale in the office.
- You must care about something and have goals in life.
- You must be motivated by money and not believe that making money or charging a fair price for valuable services is wrong or dirty.
DIRECTIONS TO APPLY:
If you cannot follow these basic directions set forth below, or if you contact us in a manner that leads us to believe you did not actually read the ad above, you will not hear back from us. We believe that if you cannot follow the simple instructions set forth here, you will not be a good fit in our firm.
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why we need YOU for this position to jobs[at]advocation.ca. Your cover letter should include the following information:
- Why you are the salesperson we are looking for.
- What motivates you in life. Be honest.
- Your salary requirements and why that amount is justifiable.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission