Adventure Place is currently seeking a
Teacher Therapist Assistant, Day Treatment Program (DTP)
Adventure Place is a registered charitable organization providing a continuum of Prevention, Early Intervention and Treatment services to young children and their families who reside in the North Quadrant of Toronto. Services and Treatment are available for a range of special needs including social, emotional, behavioural, communication, development and learning difficulties. For more information, please visit our website at www.adventureplace.ca.
The Teacher Therapist Assistant will work with and assist the Teacher Therapists in the daily program and provide coverage when a Teacher Therapist is absent. This position ensures that there is adequate coverage at all times to keep the children safe and allow children to optimize participation in the program.
Employment Type: 3 month Full-Time contract with possibility of extension, 37.5 hours per week, 5 days per week.
- Accompanies all children to and from the bus and helps to identify transportation issues at the driver level and then helps to triage issues for problem-resolution and inform Supervisor of all plans
- Provide extra staff coverage during outdoor recess
- Provide behaviour management support to address safety concerns for children and staff
- Provide additional classroom coverage to support small group work to address children’s specific needs (e.g., speech, academic, social, sensory etc)
- Provide coverage when a Teacher Therapist is absent
- Ensure all program supplies and equipment and organized and safely stored
- Responsible to oversee the organization and maintenance of the storage spaces which includes arts and crafts, resource materials, books and puzzles
- Responsible for preparing program materials to support specific classroom learning activities
- Support teachers and Teacher Therapists to plan and organize program activities
- Receives day to day assigned tasks from Teacher Therapists and Day Treatment Supervisor
The TEACHER THERAPIST ASSISTANT, DTP will Possess:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Child and Youth Worker Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two years relevant experience working with preschool children
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) certification
- First Aid certification
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to support children both individually and in groups
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of early childhood development and children with special needs
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations
Please submit your resume and cover letter to http://adventureplace.ca/get-involved/ . We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If contacted, please inform us should any accommodation be required during the interview process.
Adventure Place values diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace.